Dodge Ram DIGITAL HID kits, No Flicker, No Errors - Page 3 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #41 of 308 Old 09-03-2010, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister1JP View Post
I appreciate the quick response also. DT has another sponsor that may be losing business due to a slow response time (10 days)
Sorry to here that, imagine if you had a problem with theirs?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(860) 406-4443
Store Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am to 4pm EST

an authorized Dodgetalk.com sponsor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 308 Old 09-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Sinister1JP
Serial Thrilla

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need to add a 35w 9006 6k kit and bulbs to my order. Sorry.

2011 Ram 1500 4wd
post #43 of 308 Old 09-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Sinister1JP
Serial Thrilla

Oh yeah, the 9006 kit will be going on a 2006 Ram and I sent a pm with info a few minutes ago

2011 Ram 1500 4wd

post #44 of 308 Old 09-03-2010, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I need to add a 35w 9006 6k kit and bulbs to my order. Sorry.
Quote:
Oh yeah, the 9006 kit will be going on a 2006 Ram and I sent a pm with info a few minutes ago
No problem, we'll take care of it.

No PM though.. . maybe your are in the middle of sending it now?

(860) 406-4443

post #45 of 308 Old 09-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Sinister1JP
Serial Thrilla

Sorry I clicked on the wrong pm button. Got it now

2011 Ram 1500 4wd
post #46 of 308 Old 09-04-2010, 11:31 AM
clemsonteg

Why are the 02-05 kits more exspensive than the 06-09 kits? Bulbs used?

I hate to go ninja'n people that don't need ninja'n.
post #47 of 308 Old 09-04-2010, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonteg View Post
Why are the 02-05 kits more exspensive than the 06-09 kits? Bulbs used?
More parts needed on the 02-05 for correct operation.

(860) 406-4443

post #48 of 308 Old 09-04-2010, 01:13 PM
clemsonteg

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrosolutions View Post
More parts needed on the 02-05 for correct operation.
Thanks for the info, and when I am ready to order, which brand do you suggest for the fogs?

post #49 of 308 Old 09-04-2010, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Thanks for the info, and when I am ready to order, which brand do you suggest for the fogs?
For the fogs you can use any wattage or brand kit we offer in the 9006 application. There is nothing special about the fog lamps that requires a Dodge Ram specific kit like for the headlamps.

(860) 406-4443

post #50 of 308 Old 09-09-2010, 04:38 PM
reddot
I WISH I WAS GREEN

Thanks Todd!

I got my headlight kit tue afternoon and had in installed within a couple hours of the usps guy dropping it off. I love it. So much so that I put my order for the 55w 3000k fogs with the relay harness. Cant wait. Much praise to retro-solutions!

*Dark Nite*
2006 Ram 2500 CTD 4X4 QCSB Big Horn Black
Smarty Sr PoD-Pioneer P5000DVD-WeatherTech floor liners-Nerf Bars-LED tails and 3rd-Rok-Tek Grill-S&B Intake w/scoop-Isspro Performax gauges EGT, boost, trans temp, rail, fuel-Duel column mount pod-tri a-pillar pod mount-ATS intake horn-Cat delete-5in black chrome tip-roll up bed cover
*PROJECT HIATUS*
1998 Ram 1500 4X4 ECSB 360ci Magnum V8
K&N intake-PaceSetter LT header with custom 3in exhaust-Fiberglass 3in cowl hood-Open mouth grill-one peice Euro head light-LED tail lights-Bushwacker Extend-a-fender flares-Ram head gas door cover-Access roll up cover-Bully tailgate lock-5in Skyjacker lift-1in topguncustomz coil spacer-Skyjacker duel steering stabilizers-BD Diesel Steering box brace-37in ProComp Xterrain tires-16x10 ProComp rims-ProComps lug nuts-Painted interior-underdash LEDs-Reverse glow gauges
*PROJECT BLUE THUNDER*
2009 Victory Hammer S Blue with white rally stripes
Victory Performance exhaust-Two person seat-detachable wind shield

Science & Evolution Club Member #4
post #51 of 308 Old 09-09-2010, 04:47 PM
PCP
what's my bore?

Todd, what's the difference between the 55w and the 35w? i have a cheap kit right now that's the 35w and the 6k bulb. i like the color of the light. if i went to the 55w would i stay with the 6k bulb and would it have the same color i have now?

510 rwhp and 522 foot lb of torque.
fastest 1/4 and 3rd time out 12.33 at 110 mph

check out our rat rod build.

Don't TOUCH my truck Club # 92
Silver truck club #235
Trucks and Guns Club #145
post #52 of 308 Old 09-09-2010, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddot View Post
Thanks Todd!

I got my headlight kit tue afternoon and had in installed within a couple hours of the usps guy dropping it off. I love it. So much so that I put my order for the 55w 3000k fogs with the relay harness. Cant wait. Much praise to retro-solutions!
Thanks bud, glad to hear you are enjoying them thoroughly!

(860) 406-4443

post #53 of 308 Old 09-09-2010, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Todd, what's the difference between the 55w and the 35w? i have a cheap kit right now that's the 35w and the 6k bulb. i like the color of the light. if i went to the 55w would i stay with the 6k bulb and would it have the same color i have now?
The 55w are 30%-40% brighter.
Your kit now, if used for awhile, the color has shifted some. Also keep in mind colors will vary across manufacturers... mostly because almost all after market producers spec bulbs rather incorrectly.

Use this as a guide:

(860) 406-4443

post #54 of 308 Old 09-12-2010, 05:43 AM
clemsonteg

Quote:
Thanks Todd!

One more question, reddot mentions here he ordered the fogs with the relay harness, is that something that is needed outside the kit or is it included?

post #55 of 308 Old 09-12-2010, 10:19 AM
reddot
I WISH I WAS GREEN

from the way I understand it, for the FOG lights its not needed but would make for a better install and keep the power off the OEM wires. The heads kit already do this(since its made for our truck and not just for the type of bulb like the fog kit).

make sense? and if im wrong Todd will let you know for sure.

*Dark Nite*
Smarty Sr PoD-Pioneer P5000DVD-WeatherTech floor liners-Nerf Bars-LED tails and 3rd-Rok-Tek Grill-S&B Intake w/scoop-Isspro Performax gauges EGT, boost, trans temp, rail, fuel-Duel column mount pod-tri a-pillar pod mount-ATS intake horn-Cat delete-5in black chrome tip-roll up bed cover
*PROJECT HIATUS*
K&N intake-PaceSetter LT header with custom 3in exhaust-Fiberglass 3in cowl hood-Open mouth grill-one peice Euro head light-LED tail lights-Bushwacker Extend-a-fender flares-Ram head gas door cover-Access roll up cover-Bully tailgate lock-5in Skyjacker lift-1in topguncustomz coil spacer-Skyjacker duel steering stabilizers-BD Diesel Steering box brace-37in ProComp Xterrain tires-16x10 ProComp rims-ProComps lug nuts-Painted interior-underdash LEDs-Reverse glow gauges
*PROJECT BLUE THUNDER*

post #56 of 308 Old 09-12-2010, 10:22 AM
reddot
I WISH I WAS GREEN

if you look at the pics of whats in both kits you will see that unlike the ram kits the 9006 fog kit does not have the wire harness.

*Dark Nite*
*PROJECT HIATUS*
*PROJECT BLUE THUNDER*

post #57 of 308 Old 09-12-2010, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
One more question, reddot mentions here he ordered the fogs with the relay harness, is that something that is needed outside the kit or is it included?

Quote:
from the way I understand it, for the FOG lights its not needed but would make for a better install and keep the power off the OEM wires. The heads kit already do this(since its made for our truck and not just for the type of bulb like the fog kit).

make sense? and if im wrong Todd will let you know for sure.
Reddot is quite correct about this.

(860) 406-4443

post #58 of 308 Old 09-12-2010, 12:41 PM
alhall88

Any idea when I hook up the capacitor it gets super hot instantly and the ballast makes a whining noise? I'm trying to install the 55 watt bixenon kit on a 2010 dodge ram with the dual headlamp system.
post #59 of 308 Old 09-12-2010, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhall88 View Post
Any idea when I hook up the capacitor it gets super hot instantly and the ballast makes a whining noise? I'm trying to install the 55 watt bixenon kit on a 2010 dodge ram with the dual headlamp system.
Just replied back to your PM bud.
Ballast whine is normal, and the resistor there will also get hot. As long as everything else is installed and working without symptoms everything should be A-okay!

(860) 406-4443

post #60 of 308 Old 09-14-2010, 03:00 AM
reddot
I WISH I WAS GREEN

Quote:
Did the install with the harness today. Super easy install. The harness was great, and im glad I got it. I would definitely recommend it. Plus its only $12 before the discount.

*Dark Nite*
*PROJECT HIATUS*
*PROJECT BLUE THUNDER*

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in