Dodge Ram DIGITAL HID kits, No Flicker, No Errors - Page 14 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #261 of 308 Old 02-06-2013, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srtsir View Post
I want to order 35w hid kit..Is wiring harness all I need for my 07 dodge ram to prevent flickering? I bought some ebay hids and the lights flicker 4 times and shut off..
Yes, with the proper vehicle selection indicated it would be. Please contact sales@retro-solutions.com for assistance with your vehicle specific application.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(860) 406-4443
Store Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am to 4pm EST

an authorized Dodgetalk.com sponsor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 308 Old 02-07-2013, 02:33 PM
srtsir

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok I am placing my order tonight...Do you recommend 55w or 35w kit? Would 55W kit get to hot for my headlights?

2004 Dodge Ram K&N intake, MBRP exhaust, 4.56 Motive Gears, Diablo, DMH e-cutout,Tinted Windows, Hornblasters train horn kit, Tinted tails 3rd brake light and headlights, 2/4.5 Drop (spindles and flip kit), 6K HID's (headlights and fogs),Truxedo lo pro cover, Tailgate Wing, Recon LED tailgate strip, EFX rollpan, 22x10 black srt-10's, AAC dual halos,srt10 bumper,foxbox,12's
post #263 of 308 Old 02-07-2013, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srtsir View Post
Ok I am placing my order tonight...Do you recommend 55w or 35w kit? Would 55W kit get to hot for my headlights?
For the stock lamps, 35w or 55w are both safe for heat related concerns. Whichever your preference is there please. If unsure, please feel free to contact customer service directly for more assistance if you like:

sales@retro-solutions.com

(860) 406-4443

post #264 of 308 Old 02-08-2013, 06:42 AM
undrcnstrn03

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Guys, I just installed a 55w kit last night. Works great! But, when I activate the solenoid to open the driver door (shaved handles) the headlights flash once. Doesn't bother me but will it hurt the bulbs? Anyone experience this?

2003 QC
McGaughy's 2/4.5 with Nitro 2's
Shaved doors, stake pockets, tailgate, antenna
Retrofitted (by me) headlights 6000k
Magnaflow High Flow Cat 3in
2.5 in 3 out Magnaflow Y. 3 inch Magnaflow SI/SO
Tint- 5% rear window, 15% sides
35% windshield
Tinted tails and 3rd brake light
LEDs in dash
Superchips perf tuned
post #265 of 308 Old 02-08-2013, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by undrcnstrn03 View Post
Guys, I just installed a 55w kit last night. Works great! But, when I activate the solenoid to open the driver door (shaved handles) the headlights flash once. Doesn't bother me but will it hurt the bulbs? Anyone experience this?
2002-2005 model? Its the normal cold-diagnostics the truck does, just you never would have known before as its too short and small a current to allow the stock bulb filaments to heat up and glow. Now you can see it much more apparently. As long as you normally start the truck and run the lights afterwards, it will have no long term effects at all.

(860) 406-4443

post #266 of 308 Old 02-08-2013, 02:18 PM
undrcnstrn03

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yea it's an 03. That makes sense. Thanks man. Like I said it doesn't bother me but it caught me by surprise in the driveway at 630 this morning lol

2003 QC
McGaughy's 2/4.5 with Nitro 2's
Shaved doors, stake pockets, tailgate, antenna
Retrofitted (by me) headlights 6000k
Magnaflow High Flow Cat 3in
2.5 in 3 out Magnaflow Y. 3 inch Magnaflow SI/SO
Tint- 5% rear window, 15% sides
35% windshield
Tinted tails and 3rd brake light
LEDs in dash
Superchips perf tuned
post #267 of 308 Old 02-08-2013, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by undrcnstrn03 View Post
Yea it's an 03. That makes sense. Thanks man. Like I said it doesn't bother me but it caught me by surprise in the driveway at 630 this morning lol
Yes, so it should do it when you open the door after it has sat a while or when you hit the keyfob button too.

Welcome!

(860) 406-4443

post #268 of 308 Old 04-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Bmoney082

Do u have kit for the 13 ram sport projector lights ?
post #269 of 308 Old 04-16-2013, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoney082 View Post
Do u have kit for the 13 ram sport projector lights ?
Sorry to reply back to you so late! We were unaware of your post here!

Yes, absolutely. Please contact sales@retro-solutions.com directly for assistance with that setup, they'll be happy to put that all together for you.

(860) 406-4443

post #270 of 308 Old 04-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Bmoney082

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrosolutions View Post
Sorry to reply back to you so late! We were unaware of your post here!

Yes, absolutely. Please contact sales@retro-solutions.com directly for assistance with that setup, they'll be happy to put that all together for you.
Thanks I will
post #271 of 308 Old 04-17-2013, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoney082 View Post
Thanks I will
Thank you, and again, we are sorry to have missed your post here previously.

(860) 406-4443

post #272 of 308 Old 05-04-2013, 04:50 AM
Ramsey88
Ryan

Hello, I'm new here and to HID's but I'm wanting to get some for my '07 Ram. I was going to just keep the factory reflective housings because I can't find a retro-fit setup with HID projectors for less than $600 Can you guys set me straight??? I'm wanting 55w 6000k's. Thank you in advance.

-Ryan
post #273 of 308 Old 05-04-2013, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey88 View Post
Hello, I'm new here and to HID's but I'm wanting to get some for my '07 Ram. I was going to just keep the factory reflective housings because I can't find a retro-fit setup with HID projectors for less than $600 Can you guys set me straight??? I'm wanting 55w 6000k's. Thank you in advance.

-Ryan
Hi Ryan, we can certainly help you out with that, but there are some options to consider. We suggest contacting customer service to help you out with a package that would work best for you:

(860) 406-4443

post #274 of 308 Old 05-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Ramsey88
Ryan

Email sent. Hope we can work something out!
post #275 of 308 Old 05-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Ramsey88
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrosolutions View Post
Hi Ryan, we can certainly help you out with that, but there are some options to consider. We suggest contacting customer service to help you out with a package that would work best for you:
Shot you guys an email but forgot to ask if your Retro Kit projectors would allow me to still have hi/lo beams or if its lows only? I know H13 bulbs are "bi-xenon" but how does the hi/lo work in these kits? Sorry for all the newbie questions...
post #276 of 308 Old 05-05-2013, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey88 View Post
Shot you guys an email but forgot to ask if your Retro Kit projectors would allow me to still have hi/lo beams or if its lows only? I know H13 bulbs are "bi-xenon" but how does the hi/lo work in these kits? Sorry for all the newbie questions...
Projectors are available with bixenon function too, just be sure to ask when they contact you back if its not mentioned.

(860) 406-4443

post #277 of 308 Old 07-18-2013, 09:11 AM
roadrnnr

Just installed my Kit and although I have only turned them on at dusk and not driven with them yet, they look super brite.

? I have is on mounting the ballast. I used a piece of double sided tape and zip ties to hold them to the frame rail behind the headlight, like Jeremy did in his write up, and I am wondering if this is how everyone else is doing it and if the zip ties will hold up over time. I used two on each ballast. There seems to be no other good to mount them and I can't see drilling a hole under there at that angle.

Also did not realize that the ballast have a tab for the plug on both sides and originally I had the plugs in backwards and nothing worked. After a call to retro I got them turned around and everything works great so far.

road...........................

CURRENT........2011 Ram SLT Rugged Brown Loaded Chrome Wheel Skins "Bed Rug Liner", Access Lite Rider Tonneau Cover, Avs Vent Sades, Spyder Led Tails Chrome Dual Exhaust Bumper, Magnaflow Cat Back16869,392LSD Retro Solutions 55w HID Kit

2013 Dodge Dart Limited 1.4 DDC

SOLD.....Top Banana #3820 2006 Charger Daytona

SOLD..2007 2500 4x4 QC SLT Cummins 5.9 Auto Brilliant Black Crystal

Gone:
1990 Shadow ES Turbo
1987 Daytona Shelby Z
1972 Challenger 340
1972 Road Runner (400 Air Grabber Hood)
1971 Road Runner
1970 Challenger R/T
1972 Cuda
1968 Road Runner
1967 GTX
1970 Dart
1977 Custom Dodge B100 Van
post #278 of 308 Old 07-18-2013, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrnnr View Post
Just installed my Kit and although I have only turned them on at dusk and not driven with them yet, they look super brite.

? I have is on mounting the ballast. I used a piece of double sided tape and zip ties to hold them to the frame rail behind the headlight, like Jeremy did in his write up, and I am wondering if this is how everyone else is doing it and if the zip ties will hold up over time. I used two on each ballast. There seems to be no other good to mount them and I can't see drilling a hole under there at that angle.

Also did not realize that the ballast have a tab for the plug on both sides and originally I had the plugs in backwards and nothing worked. After a call to retro I got them turned around and everything works great so far.
Glad to hear flipping the plug or plugs there did the trick!
Zip ties backing up the tape is good, as the tape has back up in case it ever could fail, although applied to a clean prepped area it should hold just fine. Zip ties are made of different materials, some better with UV light if exposed to sun, some better at low temps, some better at high temps, so it depends on the zip ties if they'll hold up over time. We have some that are resistant to oils and greases and wide temp range if you need some, just shoot customer service an email if you would like some.

(860) 406-4443

post #279 of 308 Old 08-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Jsnyder518

Just sent an email to sales so I can figure out what I'm going to get
post #280 of 308 Old 08-04-2013, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsnyder518 View Post
Just sent an email to sales so I can figure out what I'm going to get

Thank you, and someone there will get back to you ASAP!

(860) 406-4443

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in