Dodge Ram DIGITAL HID kits, No Flicker, No Errors - Page 12 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #221 of 308 Old 10-19-2011, 02:37 PM
AmericanHEMI

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Now im nervous about the 9007 kit. How do I know which ones I have? Its been so many months since I bought them I dont remember exactly what I got.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 308 Old 10-19-2011, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanHEMI View Post
Thanks for the responses. I ordered these lights back in may but am just getting around to putting them in now. I have the whole HID 55w kit for both the fogs and the headlamps. The 9007 are the specific ones for my dodge with the hi/low combo. I drove around all last night with the fogs on and nobody flashed at me but they are extremely bright. I would not to cap them if possible, is that something I can do myself?

Now im nervous about the 9007 kit. How do I know which ones I have? Its been so many months since I bought them I dont remember exactly what I got.
To cap them you would need to send the bulbs to us, it is not something that can be done user side due to materials.

If you ordered from the Dodge Ram specific kits listed by model year, you should have the correct kit. However, if you want to check, just PM us your order confirmation number and we can check for you. (Don't post your confirmation here though because anyone can look up your order that way!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(860) 406-4443
Store Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am to 4pm EST

an authorized Dodgetalk.com sponsor
post #223 of 308 Old 10-19-2011, 04:18 PM
AmericanHEMI

Thanks, PM SENT

post #224 of 308 Old 10-19-2011, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanHEMI View Post
Thanks, PM SENT
Thank you!

(860) 406-4443

post #225 of 308 Old 11-27-2011, 08:50 PM
jkdodge
The Pontoon!!!

may i ask why does retro soultion's have two websites with the same stuff on them

My current rig 2010 Dodge Ram 2500
My mud truck 67 dodge w200 318 (413 big block on the way) sittin on 38.5 tsl boggers
My previous vehicals
1987 Dodge W150 318 5inch stacks Purebread BEAST i still miss her

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4.0 rusty but trusty i could stick my hand threw the door but it never burnt a drop of oil lol
2003 Dodge Ram 1500
11 jeep patriot 2.0

post #226 of 308 Old 11-28-2011, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdodge View Post
may i ask why does retro soultion's have two websites with the same stuff on them
We are converting over to a different store format, and in the process there is a lot of custom coding and database manipulation that is required. Inevitably that results in bugs that need to be worked out and some that we can not find without the site being live. So we have both options available at the moment, and will be converting solely to the format on the .net site shortly.

(860) 406-4443

post #227 of 308 Old 11-28-2011, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Take advantage of the 2011 Holiday sale savings today!!!

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346070

(860) 406-4443

post #228 of 308 Old 11-30-2011, 10:59 PM
mojoman

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hey Mr. Todd I received my order today for my 9005 bulbs thanks again a million.

2016 2500 CC 6.4L w/ 4.10 gears SLT 4x4/Spray Bedliner/Big Horn Edition/Westin Step Bar/Front Tinted Windows/Bakflip Bed Cover/AMP Bed Step/Tailgate Assist

Dodgetalk.com 345 Entusiast Member #23
Member #109 "The Red Truck Club"

God Squad 1979 to Enternity
Preacher of the Gospel
Acts 3:19

post #229 of 308 Old 12-01-2011, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
Hey Mr. Todd I received my order today for my 9005 bulbs thanks again a million.
Welcome anytime and thank you for the order!

(860) 406-4443

post #230 of 308 Old 12-04-2011, 11:26 AM
roadrnnr

? I have the Dual headlights on a 2011 Ram. I have heard that putting HID Bulbs in the setup I have, the mirrors cause massive blinding glare. Any truth to that?

Also do the h13 bulbs just go right in the stock holes or is there any modification needed to the holes to get your bulbs in there.

As you can tell I am new to HID and need info.

road...........................

CURRENT........2011 Ram SLT Rugged Brown Loaded Chrome Wheel Skins "Bed Rug Liner", Access Lite Rider Tonneau Cover, Avs Vent Sades, Spyder Led Tails Chrome Dual Exhaust Bumper, Magnaflow Cat Back16869,392LSD Retro Solutions 55w HID Kit

2013 Dodge Dart Limited 1.4 DDC

SOLD.....Top Banana #3820 2006 Charger Daytona

SOLD..2007 2500 4x4 QC SLT Cummins 5.9 Auto Brilliant Black Crystal

Gone:
1990 Shadow ES Turbo
1987 Daytona Shelby Z
1972 Challenger 340
1972 Road Runner (400 Air Grabber Hood)
1971 Road Runner
1970 Challenger R/T
1972 Cuda
1968 Road Runner
1967 GTX
1970 Dart
1977 Custom Dodge B100 Van
post #231 of 308 Old 12-04-2011, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrnnr View Post
? I have the Dual headlights on a 2011 Ram. I have heard that putting HID Bulbs in the setup I have, the mirrors cause massive blinding glare. Any truth to that?

Also do the h13 bulbs just go right in the stock holes or is there any modification needed to the holes to get your bulbs in there.

As you can tell I am new to HID and need info.
There is always some residual glare when installing an HID bulb into a reflector designed for HID. However, how much depends on the quality of the bulbs as well. Our customers seem to be pretty happy with the output from our kits in the Ram headlamps. Of course the biggest thing is making sure to check the aim of your lamps after installation.
The H13 bulbs install into the stock position without any modifications being necessary.

(860) 406-4443

post #232 of 308 Old 12-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Soldots

Do the hi-beam HID kits require a canceler?

Currently, I have 35W HIDs installed on my fog, low, and hi-beams. The fog and low beams both came with cancelers and work great. The hi-beams did not and when I tested them with the truck not running, they work flawlessly. Once the truck is on, they do the strobe effect and disable the low-beams altogether. I have to turn off the truck, re-seat the key and start up again to 'reset' the fog and low beams to work again. Are cancelers required for the hi-beams too?

Although none of these kits came from your company, I would like to upgrade the hi-beams to 55W and order through you if I know they will include everything for a successful install in the kit.
post #233 of 308 Old 12-08-2011, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldots View Post
Currently, I have 35W HIDs installed on my fog, low, and hi-beams. The fog and low beams both came with cancelers and work great. The hi-beams did not and when I tested them with the truck not running, they work flawlessly. Once the truck is on, they do the strobe effect and disable the low-beams altogether. I have to turn off the truck, re-seat the key and start up again to 'reset' the fog and low beams to work again. Are cancelers required for the hi-beams too?

Although none of these kits came from your company, I would like to upgrade the hi-beams to 55W and order through you if I know they will include everything for a successful install in the kit.
You do not want cancelers at all. The TIPM on the trucks are fragile as they are running the stock bulbs, trying to pull the power for HID during ignition and ramp up in conjunction with the canceler is just begging for trouble. Depending on model year it might also just be covering up issues like a band-aid that will eventually fall off.
Shoot us an EMAIL (sales@retro-solutions.com) please and get you squared away with what you already have so you don't run into trouble in the future there.

(860) 406-4443

post #234 of 308 Old 12-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Soldots

Email sent

Email sent - thank you.
post #235 of 308 Old 12-08-2011, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldots View Post
Email sent - thank you.
We'll reply back ASAP, thanks!

(860) 406-4443

post #236 of 308 Old 01-26-2012, 10:25 AM
roadrnnr

How come when I click on the "Ram 55W Kit" it does not go the Ram specific Kit you used to have on the site. Just list a dropdown menu with ram 2006+ with Dual headlights.

What is the part # for the Ram specific Kit with the Harness etc?

2011 Ram Dual Headlights

road...........................

CURRENT........2011 Ram SLT Rugged Brown Loaded Chrome Wheel Skins "Bed Rug Liner", Access Lite Rider Tonneau Cover, Avs Vent Sades, Spyder Led Tails Chrome Dual Exhaust Bumper, Magnaflow Cat Back16869,392LSD Retro Solutions 55w HID Kit

2013 Dodge Dart Limited 1.4 DDC

SOLD.....Top Banana #3820 2006 Charger Daytona

SOLD..2007 2500 4x4 QC SLT Cummins 5.9 Auto Brilliant Black Crystal

Gone:
1990 Shadow ES Turbo
1987 Daytona Shelby Z
1972 Challenger 340
1972 Road Runner (400 Air Grabber Hood)
1971 Road Runner
1970 Challenger R/T
1972 Cuda
1968 Road Runner
1967 GTX
1970 Dart
1977 Custom Dodge B100 Van
post #237 of 308 Old 01-26-2012, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrnnr View Post
How come when I click on the "Ram 55W Kit" it does not go the Ram specific Kit you used to have on the site. Just list a dropdown menu with ram 2006+ with Dual headlights.

What is the part # for the Ram specific Kit with the Harness etc?

2011 Ram Dual Headlights
This is because we are transitioning to a new web store format. That is the correct product though, you would be right to make the selection for the "2006+ Dodge Ram (DUAL LAMP)" there, with "H13/9008 BiXenon low/high" for the bulb type selection. That will adjust the contents/composition of the kit items and pricing accordingly for what you need.

This format will reduce the number of errors we used to get with folks choosing the non-specific kits and wondering why it didn't look right or work correctly on their vehicles. Not to say that errors in selections will not occur, but be greatly reduced by this new system.

Sorry for any confusion!

(860) 406-4443

post #238 of 308 Old 01-31-2012, 10:06 AM
fishwater

Is it OK to use the "auto" headlight setting with your kits? I read somewhere not to use auto but I have no idea why?
post #239 of 308 Old 01-31-2012, 10:18 AM
fishwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwater View Post
Is it OK to use the "auto" headlight setting with your kits? I read somewhere not to use auto but I have no idea why?
Just to clarify this was with HID's in general, not your kit in particular.
post #240 of 308 Old 01-31-2012, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwater View Post

Just to clarify this was with HID's in general, not your kit in particular.
Well, it does also depend on the kit and the setup there too, but in general you are really talking about an decrease in longevity overall.

The more times the bulbs are turned on, and at that turned on/off/on does add wear and tear to the bulbs.

(860) 406-4443

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in