Dodge Ram DIGITAL HID kits, No Flicker, No Errors - Page 10 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #181 of 308 Old 04-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Five.SevenlExpress
Dodge Fanatic!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
do these wiring kits for the HID on dodge rams come with a constant 12v wire?

so it doesnt fade in using the power off the stock wiring for the headlights...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 308 Old 04-18-2011, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverV6 View Post
do these wiring kits for the HID on dodge rams come with a constant 12v wire?

so it doesnt fade in using the power off the stock wiring for the headlights...
Power is pulled from the battery directly and not through the factory wiring if that is what you are asking. Pulling through the factory wiring is a big no-no on these trucks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(860) 406-4443
Store Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am to 4pm EST

an authorized Dodgetalk.com sponsor
post #183 of 308 Old 04-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Five.SevenlExpress
Dodge Fanatic!

alrighty thanks for the update...

post #184 of 308 Old 04-19-2011, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverV6 View Post
alrighty thanks for the update...
Welcome!

(860) 406-4443

post #185 of 308 Old 04-23-2011, 03:02 AM
mhb1638

Just for my info.......from my understanding HIDS will scatter light output everywhere on standard headlights, to facilitate the need for projectors?

And is there really a need for 55w? HIDS are already bright as hell. My concern is the output projection. It pisses me off when i see guys come behind me or especially incoming traffic with aftermarket HIDS...so friggin blinding....I'd hate to do that to others at the expense of better viewing of the road....?

2013 RAM CC SPORT 8SPD: BAKFLIP, S&B INTAKE, BEDRUG, CATCHCAN, HIDS FROM RETROSHOP, MAGNAFLOW CATBACK
post #186 of 308 Old 04-26-2011, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanky View Post
Just for my info.......from my understanding HIDS will scatter light output everywhere on standard headlights, to facilitate the need for projectors?

And is there really a need for 55w? HIDS are already bright as hell. My concern is the output projection. It pisses me off when i see guys come behind me or especially incoming traffic with aftermarket HIDS...so friggin blinding....I'd hate to do that to others at the expense of better viewing of the road....?
There is always some residual glare resulting from HID conversions into halogen reflector lamps, that is true. How much depends on the quality of the kit bulbs and the optics. 35w or 55w, assuming the proper bulbs are used in each, the resulting beam pattern is the same, so intensity is irrelevant to the incidence of glaring.
With projectors, as long as they are made for HID, 35w or 55w once again does not really matter.
HID or any type of ligthting in any wattage operation will be blinding if made inexpensively, using poor optics, or most problematic if its not aimed correctly!

(860) 406-4443

post #187 of 308 Old 04-26-2011, 07:12 PM
bronza

Just a quick question for confirmation. When putting the HID's in the fogs on 4th gens, they are plug and play, correct? As in, I don't need a wiring harness and resistors.

Also, I have a set of nightvisions in my headlights, with the harness and resistors from 0212353 (Jeremy). I'm having intermittent issues with my driver's side headlight not firing on occasion. I've checked fuses and the wiring multiple times, but the issue keeps happening. Not sure if this would be plausible, but my ballasts are mounted directly to the frame. Is it possible that the ballast is causing a short or grounding issue? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Mods: Magnaflow 18" muffler, Retrofitted color-matched HID's with projectors by Jeremy (0212353), debadged, painted grill, badges, wheels (plasti-dipped), painted tips, shorty antenna, LED interior map and dome lights, third brake lights. Lamin-x gunsmoke tails, tint on fogs, clear on headlights. Bakflip F1, BT catch can, Vararam Air Grabber.
Wishlist tuner, suspension lift

post #188 of 308 Old 04-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Retired DT Staff

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Fogs are plug n play - very easy.

Having issues? How are the grounds Joe? I'm no HID guru - thats reason number 412 why I use Todd for all of my HIDs - his customer service kicks ass and he knows this stuff!

DodgeTalk Moderator / Official DodgeTalk Supporter

/ Need a quote? Email me please -

Fukken Wax Specials:
/ Join our
page!

post #189 of 308 Old 04-26-2011, 07:30 PM
bronza

It's not a huge deal as it happens infrequently, but it's enough to cause irritation. I used the factory grounding locations, so I assume they are grounded well. I'm not extremely worried about it, but I was just wondering if Todd might have a few pointers. I'm still in love with these headlights though. Still my favorite mod on my truck.

Mods: Magnaflow 18" muffler, Retrofitted color-matched HID's with projectors by Jeremy (0212353), debadged, painted grill, badges, wheels (plasti-dipped), painted tips, shorty antenna, LED interior map and dome lights, third brake lights. Lamin-x gunsmoke tails, tint on fogs, clear on headlights. Bakflip F1, BT catch can, Vararam Air Grabber.

post #190 of 308 Old 04-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Retired DT Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronza View Post
It's not a huge deal as it happens infrequently, but it's enough to cause irritation. I used the factory grounding locations, so I assume they are grounded well. I'm not extremely worried about it, but I was just wondering if Todd might have a few pointers. I'm still in love with these headlights though. Still my favorite mod on my truck.

When it happens, the pass side one fires up with no issues?

Reason I ask, the pass side gets its "trigger" from the driver's side. So, if the wiring on the drivers' light is loose, etc - it would do this on both sides. Well, there's my knowledge. LOL

Fukken Wax Specials:
/ Join our
page!

post #191 of 308 Old 04-26-2011, 07:51 PM
bronza

Yeah, never had an issue with the passenger side. It's got me stumped for the same reason.

post #192 of 308 Old 04-27-2011, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronza View Post
Yeah, never had an issue with the passenger side. It's got me stumped for the same reason.
Our rule of thumb is not to use factory grounds but rather make your own. The factory grounds you end up relying on ever connection in between and just can never be sure. Its recommended to make your own ground directly to the frame using another existing body bolt. Remove the bolt, sand down to bare shiny metal, apply dielectric grease, and bolt it back down with the ring underneath.

(860) 406-4443

post #193 of 308 Old 04-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Teknikal

Thumbs up 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab ST

I installed 55W 6000 H13 High/Low Bi-Xenon kit on my 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 ST (Dual Headlamps) yesterday and only really checked out the brightness of them this morning on the way to work. What a difference! Very bright with a semi-blueish tint on them as opposed to the OEM standard Halogen bulbs. I slightly researched other HID Kits and found this forum through Google search and found by reading through some of the post on how to find the right assembly. I only became a member of DodgeTalk today to post to this forum board on the quality of this HID Kit. The instructions were simple enough to follow but the simplified schematic for my kit didn't show the resistors (I had to come back to the website during the install to make sure and there was an operations note of the resistors on the kits page. Common sense told me to ground them as they had terminals installed for ground connections. Other than that the install turned out good. I will try to post pics on here when I have the chance. Thanks Todd for supplying this HID kit!
post #194 of 308 Old 05-02-2011, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I installed 55W 6000 H13 High/Low Bi-Xenon kit on my 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 ST (Dual Headlamps) yesterday and only really checked out the brightness of them this morning on the way to work. What a difference! Very bright with a semi-blueish tint on them as opposed to the OEM standard Halogen bulbs. I slightly researched other HID Kits and found this forum through Google search and found by reading through some of the post on how to find the right assembly. I only became a member of DodgeTalk today to post to this forum board on the quality of this HID Kit. The instructions were simple enough to follow but the simplified schematic for my kit didn't show the resistors (I had to come back to the website during the install to make sure and there was an operations note of the resistors on the kits page. Common sense told me to ground them as they had terminals installed for ground connections. Other than that the install turned out good. I will try to post pics on here when I have the chance. Thanks Todd for supplying this HID kit!
Thanks bud, glad to hear you are thrilled with the kit performance.

Just as a general FYI to anyone, if you do not receive the Dodge specific wiring diagrams with purchase, please feel free to request them via email, phone, or PM

(860) 406-4443

post #195 of 308 Old 06-01-2011, 07:06 PM
mojoman

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I have a question: I just install some hid 35w 6k on my 2011 ram and when I start up my truck I get a lot of flickering but when it off it don't what's my problem also it's low voltage too when running?

2016 2500 CC 6.4L w/ 4.10 gears SLT 4x4/Spray Bedliner/Big Horn Edition/Westin Step Bar/Front Tinted Windows/Bakflip Bed Cover/AMP Bed Step/Tailgate Assist

Dodgetalk.com 345 Entusiast Member #23
Member #109 "The Red Truck Club"

God Squad 1979 to Enternity
Preacher of the Gospel
Acts 3:19

Last edited by mojoman; 06-01-2011 at 07:29 PM.
post #196 of 308 Old 06-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Retired DT Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
I have a question: I just install some hid 35w 6k on my 2011 ram and when I start up my truck I get a lot of flickering but when it off it don't what's my problem also it's low voltage too when running?
I got your voicemail - I'll give you a buzz and make sure everything seems right. Todd's the man on the wiring, I'll do my best to see whats up with them though!

Fukken Wax Specials:
/ Join our
page!

post #197 of 308 Old 06-01-2011, 09:18 PM
mojoman

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Okay, cool I will wait before I tear back into it to take it back out. I think that since the wire harness didn't come with those gold capitator that maybe it.

2016 2500 CC 6.4L w/ 4.10 gears SLT 4x4/Spray Bedliner/Big Horn Edition/Westin Step Bar/Front Tinted Windows/Bakflip Bed Cover/AMP Bed Step/Tailgate Assist

Dodgetalk.com 345 Entusiast Member #23
Member #109 "The Red Truck Club"

God Squad 1979 to Enternity
Preacher of the Gospel
Acts 3:19

post #198 of 308 Old 06-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Retired DT Staff

Nah, these don't need that. Just a cap link. I'm finishing up a few quick things here and I'll give you a buzz in about 10-15.

Fukken Wax Specials:
/ Join our
page!

post #199 of 308 Old 06-02-2011, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0212353 View Post
I got your voicemail - I'll give you a buzz and make sure everything seems right. Todd's the man on the wiring, I'll do my best to see whats up with them though!
Quote:
Okay, cool I will wait before I tear back into it to take it back out. I think that since the wire harness didn't come with those gold capitator that maybe it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0212353 View Post
Nah, these don't need that. Just a cap link. I'm finishing up a few quick things here and I'll give you a buzz in about 10-15.
Jeremy, is he all squared away now?

(860) 406-4443

post #200 of 308 Old 06-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Retired DT Staff

Sure is.

Fukken Wax Specials:
/ Join our
page!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in