LED Headlights now on sale - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

Closed Thread

post #21 of 31 Old 09-15-2015, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrosolutions View Post
Yes, resistors would be necessary for your vehicle application on a 2008 factory head lamps.

Head Lamps
1x LED Head Lamps:
- please select "H13/9008 Low/High" for bulb fitment
www.retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?LED_Head_Lamps-pid1210.html
AND ADD-
2x LED Load Resistors (pairs)
- please select "6 Ohm (standard for turn signals" for fitment
www.retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?LED_Load_Resistor_pair-pid618.html
Fog Lamps
1x LED Head Lamps:
- please select "9006/HB4" for bulb fitment
Since the formatting on these forums does not want to work correctly.... its probably easier to contact customer service directly via email: sales@retro-solutions.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(860) 406-4443
Store Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am to 4pm EST

an authorized Dodgetalk.com sponsor

Last edited by retrosolutions; 10-02-2015 at 08:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 Old 09-15-2015, 06:47 PM
liljohn30

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I chatted with someone online today he said there not available for my 08 dodge ram it this true if not and there available list what I need n I will buy them now
post #23 of 31 Old 09-15-2015, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn30 View Post
I chatted with someone online today he said there not available for my 08 dodge ram it this true if not and there available list what I need n I will buy them now
You would just need to tie in resistors to the factory wiring, on the low beam and high beam wires on each side. The list of items needed for the vehicle application are listed in the previous post, however because the formatting on the site here is not working it may be a little difficult to follow.

(860) 406-4443

post #24 of 31 Old 10-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Wisslead

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
In a 02 2500 sport package am I able to just remove the halogens in the headlamp and plug the led bulbs in or is there some modifying that has to be done? And are any capacitors, resistors or filters needed?
post #25 of 31 Old 10-02-2015, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisslead View Post
In a 02 2500 sport package am I able to just remove the halogens in the headlamp and plug the led bulbs in or is there some modifying that has to be done? And are any capacitors, resistors or filters needed?
You would need to add in LED load resistors to the factory wiring, on the low beam and high beam wires on each side. Without them the vehicle will not allow the lamps to operate.

Head Lamps
1x LED Head Lamps:
- please select "9007/HB5 Low/High" for bulb fitment

AND ADD-
2x LED Load Resistors (pairs)
- please select "6 Ohm (standard for turn signals" for fitment
www.retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?LED_Load_Resistor_pair-pid618.html

Fog Lamps
1x LED Head Lamps:
- please select "9006/HB4" for bulb fitment

(860) 406-4443

post #26 of 31 Old 01-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Shots
Don't fear the sheepdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
LED's?!?! Now we're talking. I've been kicking around the idea of HID's for a while, but haven't pulled the trigger because they're issue with the ballasts burning out. So I guess the question is, will these fit the stock '14 Sport Projector housings without modification (the note on your page mentions widening the opening in the housing on some models)? If they fit without modification, which bulbs do I need for low beams, and do I need any relays, harnesses, etc that need to be added to the order? $80 is a great price, but I want to make sure I don't need to modify my housings, and that I get everything I need the first time.

Shots:
2014 CC Sport 4x4

Mods:
Level / Zone lift / Tint 50 fronts 10 backs / Custom BedRug / Extang Solid Fold / Partial Debadge / Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 315-70-17 on Classic III rims / PSI Autorestyling flares / Pacer cab lights

If only you could understand what it's like to go home to your family, greeted with smiles and kisses like any other day, and not have the heart to tell them you almost didn't make it home. Respect those who protect and serve.
The unwanted, being underpaid, who will go unappreciated, doing the unthinkable, for the ungrateful.
post #27 of 31 Old 01-05-2016, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shots View Post
LED's?!?! Now we're talking. I've been kicking around the idea of HID's for a while, but haven't pulled the trigger because they're issue with the ballasts burning out. So I guess the question is, will these fit the stock '14 Sport Projector housings without modification (the note on your page mentions widening the opening in the housing on some models)? If they fit without modification, which bulbs do I need for low beams, and do I need any relays, harnesses, etc that need to be added to the order? $80 is a great price, but I want to make sure I don't need to modify my housings, and that I get everything I need the first time.
Customer service has already replied to an email also sent in regards to this. That has all the parts needed for the newer model Ram trucks with the projector head lamps like yours. Just let us know if you have any other questions in regards to the information or products!

(860) 406-4443

post #28 of 31 Old 01-06-2016, 08:25 AM
Shots
Don't fear the sheepdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Got the email, thanks.

Shots:
2014 CC Sport 4x4

Mods:
Level / Zone lift / Tint 50 fronts 10 backs / Custom BedRug / Extang Solid Fold / Partial Debadge / Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 315-70-17 on Classic III rims / PSI Autorestyling flares / Pacer cab lights

If only you could understand what it's like to go home to your family, greeted with smiles and kisses like any other day, and not have the heart to tell them you almost didn't make it home. Respect those who protect and serve.
The unwanted, being underpaid, who will go unappreciated, doing the unthinkable, for the ungrateful.
post #29 of 31 Old 03-03-2016, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)

Please do not forget the discount code when ordering: LEDHEAD

Now only $80.99 and up on discount!!!

(860) 406-4443

post #30 of 31 Old 03-10-2016, 12:17 AM
Amal Ellender

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Which one is better? LED or HID? Sorry, a lady driver here.
post #31 of 31 Old 04-07-2016, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
retrosolutions
DodgeTalk Sponsor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amal Ellender View Post
Which one is better? LED or HID? Sorry, a lady driver here.
It all depends on the model, year and how much output you are looking to get out of the lighting.

sales@retro-solutions.com
(860) 406-4443

(860) 406-4443

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in