DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Water leaking into the cab

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Dodge4x4810 
#1 ·
I have heard of some sunroofs leaking and the third brake light, but I haven't heard thus one before.

For the past year or so, when I would wash my truck there would be a small puddle on my passenger side floor mat (I have husky liners so its easy to see that it's a decent amount). I can't recall which, but it would only happen when the truck was facing one direction on the driveway that was as steal as the CA codes would allow.

It only happened when I washed the truck, so it didn't worry me, I figured it wouldn't cause any damage. It didn't make a difference with where I had the dial on the HVAC not that I thought it would.

Today was the first rain of the season and it was a pretty strong storm and I left my truck in my business's parking lot while I too my dads truck out for about 8 hours. My truck was left in an open area. I got back in and there was water on the passenger side mat. It wasn't as much as when I would wash it, but it was a decent amount. It looked to be about as much as would get on the mat if I got in with wet shoes.

I don't want this to cause me issues later on with rusting or mildew and everything else. What could be casing this or where might it be coming in at?

See less See more
#9 ·
I will have to go look at when I had my windshield replaced, but I did have it done early this year I believe. They may have done something incorrectly. I do have a star on my drivers side right now but I don't really want to replace it because I know as soon as I do, I'll get another one. It happened the last 2 times I replaced it. :ugh

I've had the same situation after a big rain. I believe it is coming from the HVAC vent door that pulls air from outside the cab when AC dial is set accordingly. You may make sure it is not stuck open.
I thought about that, but I have had the dial in different spots, and it happens every time. The air is working fine and it always comes out where it's supposed to.

I had the same issue on my 06 QC. When driving in heavy rain the pilar on the driver sides the cap for the bolt a drop of water would drip out. Was the window trim got moved around when I was washing out the door jambs and waxing them. pushed the rubber back and wham
I checked this and no dice.

I think there's a TSB for some of the older trucks for weatherstripping on the front A-pillar that gets torn from the front door's opening and closing. My truck has torn weatherstrips but in my case they don't leak and I'm too cheap to buy replacements.
There is. I noticed mine was ripped a few years back so I called up the dealer for the drivers side and they told me about it and said I should get both sides, so I did. Pretty bad design flaw, but it does save them money by dong it the way they did.

Mine is doing that just a tiny bit its coming from behind the screw cover by the grab handle that your not supposed to grab. It leaves a dirty little water line were it runs down
Handel is clean and nothing's changed that way. It is too much water to be that I think, but I could be wrong.

that handle is the pillar like i described above. i also notice that i have a wind noise when I drive on the drivers door with the window up
I notice wind notice if I'm doing 85+ or if it is an excessively windy day. I really heard it when I was rolling 100k miles a a few months back and I was at 115 mph on I-80 :SPIN:

#3 ·
I've had the same situation after a big rain. I believe it is coming from the HVAC vent door that pulls air from outside the cab when AC dial is set accordingly. You may make sure it is not stuck open.

#4 ·
I had the same issue on my 06 QC. When driving in heavy rain the pilar on the driver sides the cap for the bolt a drop of water would drip out. Was the window trim got moved around when I was washing out the door jambs and waxing them. pushed the rubber back and wham

#5 ·
I think there's a TSB for some of the older trucks for weatherstripping on the front A-pillar that gets torn from the front door's opening and closing. My truck has torn weatherstrips but in my case they don't leak and I'm too cheap to buy replacements.

#7 ·
that handle is the pillar like i described above. i also notice that i have a wind noise when I drive on the drivers door with the window up

#10 ·
It is not wet anywhere you can see but the floor, correct? So, it must be coming from under the dash. If i had to guess, I would say it could be leaking around the bottom of the windshield on the passenger side. When it gets wet I would open the hood and look at that corner, near the windshield and see if it is wet and see if it is leaking down onto the firewall and getting in through one of the rubber grommets. Or, look at it now in that area and see if there are water marks from the last time it leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.