DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

P2311 and p2320 codes... Help!!

4K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  blk05hemi 
#1 ·
I know it's cylinders 4 and 7 but I can't figure out why they aren't firing. Cylinder 4 has a brand new coil cause it had a cracked one. How do I go about checking the coil is getting voltage? I can unplug 4 and 7 and it runs no differently. I've read and read and I'm just hoping the pcm isn't bad

#2 ·
Welcome to DT!

Since there are no camshaft, crankshaft, or misfire trouble codes, you need to focus on the plugs, coils, wires, and connectors. If everything looks good, clear the codes and see if anything comes back. If it does, you could be looking at a bad PCM. So check everything real careful.

#4 ·
Guess ill just keep talking to myself

I checked and I do have voltage to the coils but must not be getting signal to fire... No idea where to go from here. My only thought is to run a signal wire from the pcm to the coil and see if that works.

Anyone know what wire out of the pcm runs signal to cylinder 4 and 7??

#5 ·
I checked and I do have voltage to the coils but must not be getting signal to fire... No idea where to go from here. My only thought is to run a signal wire from the pcm to the coil and see if that works.

Anyone know what wire out of the pcm runs signal to cylinder 4 and 7??
If you have swapped the coils around and the problem did not follow the coil, then all of the coils are good and the problem is at the the PCM. You could try a used PCM but you'll have to careful to find the right one. A refurbished PCM runs something like $150 to $250-bucks the last time I looked. When my custom tune caused problems with my ECM, the dealership reflashed it for about $75-bucks and then include the recal for my bigger tires. Maybe that might be an option.

#6 ·
I'm not convinced

It's my pcm yet. I think something is wrong in the wiring. When I check the signal wire with a test light to ground it lights up on 4 and 7. I checked resistance from the coil to the pcm and I get 0.00 but on the ones that fire I get close to 100 ohm...
Is there a diode somewhere in the loom that provides resistance??

#8 ·
#9 ·
Link's are not working David.

#10 ·
Don't understand why it's not working for you. While 'logged-in' it worked for me, so I left DT and then used the CCleaner on my system. Open the page as a guess and it still worked.

?????

#11 ·
Link to the page work's, but the link's to the code's are not working for me. Saying web page can not be found. IDK

#12 ·
It has been some time since weedahoe put that together. Lets use this one instead....

Code Sheet

:grin

#13 ·
:tup::tup::tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.