DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

R/T 2013 Dodge Trucks

8K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Dennis Kahn 
#1 ·
Are 2013 Dodge Ram RT trucks availble for sale now or will they be out later?

#2 ·
I'm asuming, because they are up on the build and price on Ram's website, that you can pick up a 2013 R/T. However I would still choose wait to get one with the 8 speed.

#4 ·
RT and waiting

They are starting to show up at dealerships, but'll be in short supply for quite a while. I haven't heard yet how long you'll wait b4 the 8 speeds start showing up. Just my 2 cents, but I think a rotary dial shift for an RT seems a bit strange. I would prefer a floor shift for an RT. I know there are still some 2012s out and about. Current rebates are $3000 as opposed to $500. While there are added features, it looks like there has been a considerable price increase for 2013 on the RT. Happy hunting!

#6 ·
Only thing I want from the new 13 s is the enter n go and the 8.4 radio. The exterior is actually not appealing to me!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
Dallas dodge has one.

#8 ·
RT and waiting

Enter N Go is nice. My jury is still out on the 8.4A or AN. I'm not the technocrat many of you are, but I like the 730 and 430 with their hard-drives. Having to store everything on a memory stick or Ipod is beyond my comfort level. Also, from my understanding, 2013 will be the last year for CD players - period! I know this is a sign of the times, but sometimes change is hard to accept! :WHT:

#11 ·
Enter N Go is nice. My jury is still out on the 8.4A or AN. I'm not the technocrat many of you are, but I like the 730 and 430 with their hard-drives. Having to store everything on a memory stick or Ipod is beyond my comfort level. Also, from my understanding, 2013 will be the last year for CD players - period! I know this is a sign of the times, but sometimes change is hard to accept! :WHT:
They are an option on the 2013s, wouldn't they be an option on the 2014s+?

#9 ·
I haven't used a cd in any of my vehicles in over 3 years LOL....kinda pointless carrying around a binder of cds when you can have it all stored on a quarter size thumb drive.

#10 ·

And a 2013 RCSB Sport for good measure!

#18 ·
minus the wheels,badging and rear gear, the sport and r/t are mechanically the same?
I believe that the R/t's have higher stall too

#20 ·
So why are 8 speed trannys now avaiulable? What is the advantage? Are they fast shifting? Do they improve 1/4 mile times?

#21 ·
They are now available because the 5/6 speed that has been offered since 2003 isn't efficient enough and has horrible gearing for the performance minded.

It has better everything when compared to the current trans. Firmer faster shifts, with proper gearing. It is more efficient because it has a huge ratio spread, and has less parasitic loss. It is stronger, lighter, and more dependable.

Does it improve times? Look at the MT truck of the year testing. They had two rams. Both CrewCabs, one had the V6/8speed combo, the other had the current Hemi/6 speed combo. The v6 was .4 seconds behind the Hemi in the 1/4. That shows how much this will improve performance.

#22 ·
RT and waiting

The 8 speed will definitely help performance. However, it is my understanding that "stop/start" will only be available on the V6 high economy models. I still think the rotary dial is a selling point for an RT or Sport Truck. Just my $.02!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.