DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

check engine light want come on and truck want start

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  shorty69 
#1 · (Edited)
got a 96 ram1500 4x4 318 engine truck is not firing at all tried to pull codes but battery has been dead for awhile.first let me tell you what happen had to jump truck off used a jump start box when i got home turn truck off has not started since i have put crankshaft sensor in new coil.when i check coil to see if firing no spark from coil wire or from plug wires. any help i could get would be greatful and thanks to anyone who can help me out here.my check engine light will not come on at all chage bulb still no check engine light. is there any way i cant get codes from pcm tried with obd11 code reader no luck.

Thanks All
Rlspipe :help: :help: :help:

#2 ·
Have your computer unit checked
sounds like it might be the problem - might have taken a jolt when it got jumped.
I'm not sure what code reader you used, but you should get at least the battery disconnected code error.

LOL
-Rod

#3 ·
Check the fuses under the hood in the box next to your battery!

#4 · (Edited)
i think it might be computer to but i think the pickup in the dist. might be bad going to have it check and if thats not it the computer must be bad thanks for the info will let all of you know what i find out.one more thing checked the rotor buttun end about burned of might be trouble to.

thanks
shorty69

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.