DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

junkyard diving

10K views 125 replies 10 participants last post by  BLUEMEANIE 
#1 ·
i have been doing a little junkyard diving the last couple of weeks searching for parts for my 86 W150 and have dbeen doing real good. Last week i got a hood, drivers side fender and the cowl off a 91 to use on my truck for a total of $105. I went back today to see if i could find some spray nozzles for my washer fluid since the ones on the 91 cowl were bad and could not find any online. I ended finding about 8 of them and i found all the felt strips and all the window channel rubber for both doors for a total of $18+:D and all the window stuff was like new.

#2 ·
Thats one hell of a good haul!

I wish i could get me some new window strips.
Thankfully it hasn been raining much lol

#3 ·
Boneyards are about my favorite places to spend the day

#4 ·
went back to one yard so I could get my brother-in-law a tow hitch for his little Tonka toy pickup and found me a couple of perfect(soft) non ripped rubber door seals for my 86. Walked out the door with hitch and seals for $60, I will be hitting a couple more yards Wed or Thurs to see if I can find duplicates of what I already have, we have a lot of junkyards out here and very little rust(mostly surface) on the trucks.

#5 ·
Went to another yard today and found a truck there with perfect front sheet metal, if I hadn't already bought a hood and fender for my truck I would have got those. They also had a painted grille shell for $30 that I may go back and get.

#6 ·
#8 ·
They have one at my yard!
Like an 80 or 82.

I was out there today, the clock spring went out on the boss's 91 w250 12valve
Dealer wanted 155$
Picked up two used ones for 10$ a pop.
Can't beat that.

Maybe i can make it this weekend?
If i get it i'll let you know

Prolly be around $10 for the sensor and pigtail

#7 ·
#9 ·
awesome oak, would be bad ass if you can grab it.

#11 ·
I'm suprised you havent found a sensor that will work. It looks just like the trans sensor for reverse. I'm guessing the problem is findin one with the right threads?

#12 ·
I am unsure of the threading that is why I want one from a 208. 85 and later has CAD axles and the light switch is in the CAD unit and the t case has a vacuum switch. The vacuum switches are still available but no one makes the light switches for the t case anymore.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#13 ·
#14 ·
I'd rather get my hands on one that I know that will fit, besides I still need the pigtail.

#19 ·
A reverse sensor pigtail will work. Most of the big 3 that had standards shared the same plug shape.

#16 ·
Thanks for looking and congrats on the find

#18 ·
Not sure. I want to say drivers side. I'll look tomorrow

#21 ·
thanks for looking guys. i really appreciate it. dont run around looking for that for me specifically. if you happen across one please grab it though. i'm not too worried about making my 4wd light work. itd be cool to have it working since everything else does work in my truck....except for that.

#22 ·
been going to a few more junk yards but haven't found any more good stuff for myself yet. I have found stuff for to put on others vehicles, been making a lot of my relatives very happy by saving them some $$$.

#24 ·
They sure do, I don't mind since it gives me a reason for going back. I will be going back Saturday to one of the yards since they are having a 1/2 sale that day. My sister and brother-in-law need a few things for their vehicles and I want to get a rear view mirror for my 86 and a drivers side door lock actuator for my 01. Still have so many more yards to hit but finding time is the problem.

#27 ·
The yard nearest to me NEVER has half off sales.

I think one time they possible had a 10% off possibly....

#28 ·
Went to 4 junk yards today, only got to do some diving at one, 2 said they had none, 1 had only one (89) but it was either stripped or smashed, 1 the guy said he didn't know but that I could take a look:D, I didn't find any 80's trucks but I did have a good time walking around the place, here are a few pic's of the place, the vehicles were a lot tighter then the pictures show.

Attachments

#29 ·
You ever see any pt cruisers in there? My mom wants the shelf that sits in the back. I guess I could go do some yard diving myself but I always have my dog or daughter with me at all times.

#30 ·
I did see some at the yard where I got my fender and hood, I will be going back next week and see what it looks like. You might try craigslist to see if you can find one there.

#32 · (Edited)
I'll be hitting the pick n pull today I think. Need an ac compressor for that damn pt cruiser. I checked their inventory for dodge trucks.......not many there. A 93 and an 88

#33 ·
A few weeks ago I stopped at Barry's in MS. Had a couple pt's there. Had I known...

#34 ·
I found a rebuilt compressor for 90 bucks on eBay. I called a local junk yard.....they wanted 200$ for a used one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.