DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

best wheels to buy

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Markus68 
#1 ·
getting confused over all the wheels out there...I just want a nice looking set that is as good as Oem....but cheaper than forged........I think the Oem ones on my ram 1500 2014 sport are low pressure cast......so any suggestions in that category would be great..
thanks guys

#2 ·
It's hard to say there is one brand or style that is "best"...each person has their own style and visual concept of their ride. Is the weight of the wheel a concern at all? Do you want black, chrome, mixture of both? What is the overall design you like best..ie, spokes, "punched" hole look?

#3 ·
thanks for the reply....i like the black with possibly some chrome maybe...although i would like them to be as good a wheel as my stock ones(which i think are forged)....but don't want to spend forged money...but worry about the durability/weight of cast..
I recently added the open country r/t to my stock wheels and they have maybe 1/2 inch clearance to the upper arms..So now thinking i need wheels or maybe just add small spacers..not sure...

anyone use spacers as an option? or just go with the proper offset wheel?
thanks again

#4 ·
You could put a spacer on the wheel if you're interested in keeping your stock wheels. There are plenty of people that have done it without any issue, but with 1/2" clearance you don't exactly "need" to do this...it's not rubbing at all in any situation is it?

#5 ·
no not rubbing at all...just a little tight....the only reason i was thinking of keeping stock was because they seem to do great in the winter...i love the aftermarket fuels etc, but I'm not sure i feel like changing wheels out in the bad weather (unsure how they would hold up being left on in the winter).....
I don't know why the stock chrome ones hold up so well?? better made possibly? don't know

anyways
thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.