DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolant bypass hose 3.9L

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CMDak4x4 
#1 ·
SO after spending all day trying to get the stupid nut off the fan clutch assembly i finally got it no thanks to auto zones stupid tool and hayes manuals backward instructions! Anyways the truck has had a small coolant leak for awhile now so i decided to replace the pump and t-stat. Noticed a lot of thick coolant smelling sludge up by the bypass hose when i was cleaning off the old gasket. Is this a common problem with these trucks leaking there near the manifold? I think that's where its connected to? If so how do u go about replacing that hose? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Seeing as how i already got about 9 hrs into it if that hose is the problem i wanna fix it too so i didnt go through all this BS in vein and find out after the new pump is on its leakin from that hose!:help:

#2 ·
On my 89 Dak 4x4 with the 3.9L V6 every three years I would have the replace the bypass hose from the intake to the water pump. The hose would develope a crack on the back side and it there would be a very small anoying smell of hot coolant. The first time it did it to me I thought that there was a water pump problem and them it burst on the way home from work.
I never had any sludge buildup in the coolant passage for the bypass hose or any intake manifold leaks. That hose is a bitch to get off and then to put the new one on is just the same amount of agony. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.