DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heater Core replacement advice

755 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Danny33 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 Durango, and from what I've read in all these forums and on Google, I'm almost positive I'll have to replace my heater core :WHT: Steam is coming from vents, coolant all over the windows, smells of coolant, etc. I'm not a mechanic and have no heated place to do it myself (it's 17 degrees in Rochester, NY right now), so I'll have to pay the $600-$800 to have it fixed. I have brought it to my local mechanic and I was wondering if anyone has any advice as to what to ask for or make sure they do.

Thanks...

#2 ·
Hey Danny, not much warmer on LI! If you have to pay him, make sure you have a warr on the labor, too

#3 ·
B1G BLEU said:
Hey Danny, not much warmer on LI! If you have to pay him, make sure you have a warr on the labor, too
Yeah, just make sure he uses a quality part and gives you a warranty in writing on parts/labour. Not much else to add. Maybe shop around... Get quotes. Might find somewhere cheaper..

#4 ·
You could splice your heater hoses together under the hood so you won't keep spraying steam and coolant into your dash. You won't have any heat, but at least you won't cause more damage while you find a solution.

#5 ·
Thanks for the advice! I got a quote of $650 from the dealer, and at least $800 from my usual mechanic. I'm going with the dealer. I'll check on the warranty for the labor, good idea.

Man, I didn't realize you could do so much aftermarket stuff with a Durango! I'll have to start looking into that...

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.