DodgeTalk Forum banner

does the 5th gen have transmission problems like the 4th gen?

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RavenLX 
#1 ·
does the 5th gen have transmission problems like the 4th gen?

#2 ·
This is something I'd like to know too. I just got my 5th gen used in excellence condition. The transmission seems to be doing just fine right now. The recalls on this van were taken care of by previous owner. But I didn't see any recalls regarding transmission on these vans to begin with.

Anyone with a 5th gen know how good the transmissions are on these? Mine's got 86K+

#3 ·
At first blush just recalling what I've read on forums I would say they have their problems just as 3rd and 4th gens have had. That's hardly an accurate yardstick though. Not sure where you can find quantitative data on it. Maybe True Delta but they only post what is given to them by the public.

#4 ·
I don't know how useful this might be to you but here's one site that might help you. Keep in mind this is the number of folks who actually posted complaints I guess to the NHTSA it looks like, from their descriptions. It isn't scientific by any means and there may be actually more or there may be just that many out of a kazillion folks who have these vans.

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Dodge/Grand_Caravan/2010/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.