DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help! 97 B2500 Van Heater Core Replace

10K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  alloro 
#1 ·
Tell me if there is a trick to replacing the heater core? Do you really have to go through the 30 to 40 steps and 4-5 hours to get it done? Had a mechanic tell me he could do it without even disconnecting the A/C.

#2 ·
4.3 hours dealer time. No trick that I am aware of to shorten it. If he can pull the HVAC box without disconnecting the lines to it that would be good, but it will make it more difficult in my opinion.

#3 ·
The 1998-2003 HVAC systems are easier to work on to replace the heater core. 1997 and earlier take much longer.

#4 ·
Tell me if there is a trick to replacing the heater core?
There's only two that I know of.

1. Remove the glove box door and insert.

2. There is a linkage rod that controls the blend door. It comes off the air box under the hood, goes through the firewall, and ends by connecting to the blend door motor behind the glove box. When you disconnect it from the motor, tie and tape a long piece of string to it. As the rod pulls through the firewall it will pull the string in it's place. Use this string to guide the rod back through the firewall when reinstalling the air box. I didn't do this one time and I spent over an hour trying to get the rod to line up and go through the firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.