DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone have pic's of an '04 D with the molded splash guards?

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  CB3 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone had pictures of the new D's with the splash guards. I have read several concerns over how easy paint is chipping off of the new D's from salt & sand. I live in Houston(it never snows) so I really don't have to worry about the salt & sand on the roads, but I want to know that my cars paint won't get damaged by the sand at the beach. To this end, I want to get the splash guards, but I've been wondering how they look on the new D's. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

James

#2 ·
I actually got a rock dent/chip in the front of my rear wheel flare from a rock coming off of my front tire. $100 to fix (dent wizard is awesome!) and $39 for the mud flaps (just got the front ones).

I can get pics...give me a few mins.

#8 ·
That's a good idea...I didn't think of that.

He's definitely right. My dad purchased the Mopar mud flaps for his diesel Ram and they had a 2-piece design that had a flat side and a molded side to fit the body. The flat side went inwards towards the fender so that any debris would slide right off.

Unfortunately, with these Durango mud flaps, there is just a molded side, and it will cup debris inside.

#9 ·
Bought a set of PowerFlow Pro*Fit Splash Guards today, Size 6, for SUVs at AutoZone, $29.95. They have a smooth face toward the tire and fit fine, both for the front and rear. The application chart does say "Durango--All", with no differentiation for an '04. I tried them at the store before buying and they were fine. CB3

#10 ·
Update:

I got the one set of #6 Pro Fit Splash Guards and had to order the second set. It arrived yesterday and had a new "Application Chart". It specified the Durango 2004 as requiring the #6 for the rear and #7 for the front. Will try to install them tonite and report/photos. CB3

#11 ·
I got the molded Dodge versions and love them.
One problem I do have is the area in the rear, rear part of the fender where it meets the bumper wrap around portion. The water/mud etc still gets flung up to this area and ends up on the top part of the bumper wrap around and strings out to the rear. Really a horrible design. I am going to fashion some black plastic and seal this up under the fender well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.