DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

has anyone had to replace the windshield washer nozzle?

31K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LU229 
#1 ·
mine broke the other day...i turned on the washer and the nozzle was gone..the washer fluid stream looked like "old faithful" coming straight up from the hood. Now, has anyone had to replace this? is it simple? I looked under the hood and it seems you need to remove the insulation to get to it, but how do you put the insulation back as it is held on with plactis faseners.
I can buy the part for about $12-15 bucks, but not sure If it is an easy fix. I do have lifetime bumper to bumper but have a $100 deductable so trying to decide if it is worthwhile to do it my self to save some money.
any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
Do it yourself, not worth $100. Ive never done this but it should be fairly easy and the fasteners can be bought at any auto part store. I bought 15 at AutoZone for $4

#4 ·
I did it over the summer. EASY!! Only hard part i hated was taking that carboard like cover off the hood to get to them haha! I hate those plastic plugs!!!

After that Its just a matter of needle noise plyers and pull and pop the nozzles out and install the new ones and re connect the hose :)

#5 · (Edited)
mine broke the other day...i turned on the washer and the nozzle was gone..the washer fluid stream looked like "old faithful" coming straight up from the hood. Now, has anyone had to replace this? is it simple? I looked under the hood and it seems you need to remove the insulation to get to it, but how do you put the insulation back as it is held on with plactis faseners.
I can buy the part for about $12-15 bucks, but not sure If it is an easy fix. I do have lifetime bumper to bumper but have a $100 deductable so trying to decide if it is worthwhile to do it my self to save some money.
any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Yup, mine blew apart on the drivers side. I went ahead an bought a new one ($18 for one, fuggin thieve`s..!)
I didnt want the hassle of waiting for warranty approval so i just paid cash and bought it.
Went out to the STEALERSHIP parkinglot, took 2 seconds to install it...all good now.

I recommend you install it yourself, its super easy, save yourself the time & money by not having to go to the stealership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.