DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just dyno'd my 2011 Ram...Stock tune vs HemiFever's Tune

98K views 95 replies 22 participants last post by  HEMI-PWRD 
#1 ·
I knew there were some pretty big gains I felt when I was data logging for Hemifever to get my custom tune just right....this just reconfirms what I was seeing from the logs.....

Pulls were in 85degree weather and 24% humidity

I must say these newer Dodge rams are hard to dyno espically if you have a Torque Converter...I wanna say I probably went through close to 15 pulls because even on the stock tune it just wanted to pull pretty funny on the top end maybe because it was just on the rollers vs the street. After talking to HemiFever (Sean) he told me something about a short runner valve that opens on the top end that usually makes late model dodges hard to dyno.... He might need to chime in to explain it a little more. I do have a couple of vids but I'm sure I those wont go up until tomorrow (gotta go to work tonight). Next up will be some track time's (maybe in 2 weeks) on these 22" wheels....depending on what I run/traction I might just buy some 17s or 18s with DRs for the rear.

See less See more
#3 ·
Can't read that very well.....what was the difference?

#4 ·
DT makes all images upload why to small.....

Click here to make it bigger
http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh521/theblackhemi/StockTuneVSHemiFeversTune.jpg

My best stock run didn't get saved it was around 315hp/320tq (saw it in the first couple vids I took)....I did noticed on the stock tune I was running pretty rich (low to mid 11s) and with HemiFever's tune I had an a/f ratio of 12-12.2. I guess with the stock tune the computer can't adjust the A/F ratio properly without tuning with this many bolt-ons which I'm sure ended up hurting my baseline stock tune numbers. It's pretty impressive what HemiFever can do to optimize the tune to fit your truck vs a canned tune made for everyone.

#6 ·
Here are my mods.....
Circle D Pro II 258mm 3000 Stall Torque Converter ,22" Magnaflow muffler w/y-pipe mod & Raceland e-cutout, Vararam CAI, Moes 87mm Throttle Body, JBA Shorty Headers,180 Tstat,V-6 Fan

#8 ·
What is that spike towards the end?

#9 ·
I believe that's a gear change. Mine had that too.

#10 ·
That's what I was thinking. So his peak HP is 330ish?

#11 ·
his dyno says 370 hp and 365 tq

#15 · (Edited)
Here they are....there not the best vids but pretty decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAFXJE59TEw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bLKgI-5HYk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r658s6Nf-H0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9RCrVs8SX8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raWfFKUk7I0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVNqEDKaC3c

These are about 1/2 the dyno pulls I di d.....either I didn't record them or the dyno operator/actually machine/maybe my Torque converter was causing issues getting numbers down.

Here's a picture of a 0-60mph pull I did before work today.....bare in mind I was on an pretty crappy road, it is 83 degrees outside, and pretty much on a cold start.

#17 ·
Yeah I was really close bro but I'm glad I didn't.....I just don't know how much farther I'm gonna take it performance wise, right now I'm stock piling a boat load of cash for another go fast project for the spring.

#18 ·
I got off of work this morning and decided to make an 0 to whatever pull for you guys (it ended up being 120 lol). I got pretty excited when I looked down at the speedometer and accidentally hit the stop button before showing my 0-60mph time from my trinity... there's a link towards the end of this video to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHvHxcQ2xpQ&feature=channel&list=UL

The pull was on a pretty decent road but it did have a slight incline till about 70...FYI I also did do a 2 sec burnout before the pull which helped me hook pretty easy.

I took a picture of the 0-60 from the trinity.....not bad for a Crew Cab on 22" wheels!

#20 ·
The whole dyno experience wasn't good I had a hard time getting decent pulls (I'm thinking the TC didn't like being on the rollers). When I was looking at the hp vs rpm on that dip and spike my rpms pretty much dipped/disappeared for a brief second and came back from the spike. I'm not worried about my true numbers, all I know my truck is running a hell of a lot better especially if you compared it to my 0-90 pull I recorded back in April....Looks like I've gained 2 secs from 0-90 when comparing the two. I will getting some slips here pretty soon, hopefully on the 7th with a bunch of the other guys that plain on hitting the track in the Houston area.

Here's the old run from back in April
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui6973EEzms&feature=channel&list=UL

#21 ·
Truck seems to be running strong.
Look forward to some track times.
Its hard to get a good pull with a 4G truck,I had the same problem with my dyno runs.

On a side note;
It looks like your 0-90 video truck was shifting much quicker than your 0-120 MPH run.??

#22 ·
Good for pointing that out it does seem slightly slower but maybe because I was going down a slight decline vs an slight incline. Maybe I need to put by on my sonnex line booster back on because thats the only difference between the too beside the tune. I'm gonna talk to Hemifever and see what he has to say about it. He did mention Diablo is working on gettting more parameters released here shortly but they are trying to get all the tuning out for all of the 2011 and 2012 Dodge/Chrylser models before getting around to refining there tuning.....I'll get back to you once I found out more.

#23 ·
What gear were you doing the Dyno pulls in?

#24 ·
3rd

#25 ·
Updated new 0-60 times....Its gotten cooler down here (57 degrees currently) and the Hemi likey. Just did these 30 mins ago with no burnout (tires spent for about 10 ft) as you can compare to the ft to 60mph to my previous best a few post up.

#29 ·
#30 ·
Are your tire sizes calibrated correctly? GPS verified to be accurate? My tires are 295/65/20s but i had to set them as 295/60/20s for the speedometer to be accurate.

#31 ·
What do you think? Geez why some many doubters....its called a custom tune go get one.

#33 ·
My speedometer at 75mph is only .6 off when comparing to the gps on the torque app and actually that road I did that pull on was actually on a slight incline. My tires are 31.2" OD and I have it set at 31" on the trinity. I'm not sure how these guys are hooking on the street because most vids I see of single cabs are burning out through 1st and that's not the case for me. I guess I'm just gonna have to get some slips to prove I have a 13 sec bolt on crewcab lol.

#34 · (Edited)
I would not doubt with your mods that you potentially have a 13 second truck in good weather. I just doubt you run mid-low 13s that a low 5 second 0-60 is indicative of. I just found a time slip I posted from my 06 running on 20s, with a 8.66@ 77.30 1/8 mile time and at 330' beam I was at 5.32s and 62.46 mph. On a different day I went 13.66 @ 98.12 mph on a 8.63 1/8.

#36 ·
Man do I see a ghost haha?? I haven't seen you on here in a while but yeah I plan hitting the track up soon with some of these guys on here on the 7th. I've just been busy with work and now I have to go out of town for a funeral. Who know's if I get back on Friday I might be able to run over to the track and make a few pulls.....BTW I have 3.92s and I'm gonna be picking up some DRs this week for the rear, hopefully that will help me cut at least a 1.9-2.0 60'.

#39 · (Edited)
Good luck at the track if you get to make it. If you don't end up picking up drag radials, drop your rear tire pressure down. I would start with a window of about 26-22 psi and see what it likes best. If you have an open differential don't be afraid to lower the pressure more on the RH side than the LH. Tire pressure alone can make several 10ths difference. Also don't be afraid to walk the truck out a little around 1/2 throttle before you really lay into it. Spinning will hurt your times much worse than pedaling it.

#37 ·
Ya it's been a while, had to back you up as a fellow Murdered Ram owner,
I thought you could use a better comparison instead of taking crap from a hater from the Titan board. :buttkick: lol

You're obviously right in the ball park on your tuner where I was with identical mods,
and if I can pull a 13.8 quarter with 3.55 gears at 2500' elevation,
...for sure your 3.92's will get you there at sea level on a cool Winter evening.
If you get lucky you may even get a negative DA. (my best slip is 13.4/101 with DA conversion)

Make sure you empty your truck! Clean out the center console, remove jack and floor mats, leave your spare at home.
100lbs lighter is a 10th faster and sometimes the difference between a 13.99 and a 14.09 slip.
you could even remove your rear seat, tailgate and tonneau if you really want to go nuts

#38 · (Edited)
My only hate with these truck is the 545RFE transmission.

My 2wd Titan runs 13s with a 1.99s 60' on an open differential on street tires too. If I could pull a 1.8s 60' time I would run atleast a 13.7. What makes you think I am hating when I am speaking truth. I simply said if he goes to the track he better run 13s with that kind of 0-60 or the logging mechanism was reading incorrectly.

A 1.8s 60' time will make most things 0-60 or hit the 1/8 mile traps really well.;)

#41 ·
My truck was running similar 0-60 times and was in the 13's years ago with less mods. Gears were the biggest ET reducer but i went from 3.21's to 4.56's. I never did get to run at the track with my new stall or the 28" drags before i lifted my truck.

#42 ·
You guys need to throw out your tuner times,cause the first time you get to the track you are probably Not going to see those numbers.

BlackRamHemi numbers on his Tuner match up,but its only because of his experience at the track that makes it possible for him to do it.

You guys are going to make every mistake know to man.LOL.
Your going to forget to turn off traction control,your going to maual shift and forget to shift up a gear and bounce off the rev limiter,you name it you will do it.I know I did and still do.

My advice is race yourself dont worry about the guy beside you.
Just get in a pattern and stick with it.

I remember hating racing BlackRamHemi,he would leave me at the tree every fcking time,then I would spend the rest of the 1/4 mile trying to catch up to him.
What a *******.LOLOL.

Look forward to hearing about all the fck ups and times when you guys go on the 7th LOLOL.
Honestly Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.