DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

adding powered sub (infinity basslink) to '05 durango infinity system

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  hoon 
#1 ·
I was wondering if I would run into problems trying to hook up a powered subwoofer, in this case an Infinity Basslink, to the already amplified infinity sound system in my '05 durango.

I don't want to replace the deck because i want to keep the factory look for now, but i took basslink out of my trade-in when i got the dango and it's just collecting dust right now... we all know thats the last thing a subwoofer should be doing:rck:, so I would love to be able to put it to use.

obviously since i'm not replacing the deck, i won't be able to use RCA inputs, but the basslink works with speaker-level input wiring. my question is (besides how to hook up speaker-level wire, because i've never spliced into speaker wire before) is whether or not there would be a conflict with the built in amp on the basslink and the infinity amp in the D.
also, if splicing into speaker wire works, would it just work alongside the factory infinity sub?

Thanks for any input!

#3 ·
well honestly, feel free to pm me an offer, because as much as i love the basslink, I don't think I'll be able to afford to put it in the durango any time soon.

however, unless the price is right, I'll just keep her around until i can put it to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.