DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

have an intermittent leak.

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Moparite 
#1 ·
i am trying to decide on to buy or not to buy a new rad. the plastic tank on the driver side must be slowly letting go. not to complicate things- it depends on which rad cap to use, that makes the tank leak more. one NEW cap i have actually does not build 16lbs of pressure. all the hoses stay soft, thus no leaks from the rad. the other NEW cap- has all the hoses pump up and then only will the plastic end cap spiratically leak. not all the time tough.

#2 ·
if you don't have any long term plans for the truck put the good cap on it and put a bottle of sealant in the radiator, I use the lumna(spelling) sealer in the small tube, it is little flakes of aluminum. I have never had any heater cores or radiators clog with that and it works great. I don't use the gunk in a can, that stuff works but it plugs everything and you never get it out of the system.

#4 ·
Spun, Did you get that diesel radiator used or new? I believe they are made the same way as the gas rads. You could pry back the aluminum fins that hold the plastic end cap on and take it off. Then clean the big o ring in there and use some silicon to seal it. May save you from buying a new one.

#5 ·
yes the diesel rad
guess what i m saying is- what r the chances this thing $h1ts the bed and leaves me stranded somewheres ?
perhaps i should consult the magic 8 BALL.
i'm just worried about it. one day it left me a cup and the other day it left one drip! WHO KNEW?

#6 ·
Have not done it myself, but others use a pliers to gently "re crimp" tabs.

#7 ·
exactly! thats been on my mind. i got a set of duck bill vise grips. how much trouble can i get myself into! :nono

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.