DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orlando GTG thoughts

20K views 865 replies 44 participants last post by  TylerB 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to see if anyone is interested in getting another meet setup for the Orlando area... we havent had one in a while because the last few meets you can count the number of rams on one hand... but thats the past, lets kick off a new GTG season right!

if ANYONE is interested (any dodge/chrysler owners OR past owners) let me know and throw out some suggestions...

there have been several suggestions thrown around in recent months with nothing happening with them except talk, lets make something HAPPEN guys :cheerl:

Ill keep a close eye on this post and if we get enough people (10+ guarenteed showing up) we can finalized some plans and get another GTG setup.

BBQ, track day, theme park, dyno day, bowling, or all just meeting up for dinner... any idea is worth looking into!

-David

#322 ·
I cant wait now....hell im the guy they pull over that puts all the windows down and turns on the interior light so they can see all through the truck just as a nice gesture....

#325 ·
Well my tint isnt Illegal but i just roll em down to be nice so they can see in the vehicle

#324 ·
Well it was gonna be out in Ocala but Dad's not gonna let me go now.. O well. On the bright side i got the truck mostly clean and dont have to worry about dirtying it up again lol

#326 ·
#327 ·
What do you think about making a new thread for that... I mean the title only says for "Jan 10th and 30th" We could start a new thread with new conversations based on the drag meet...

I was just thinking that now people have signed up for the 30th and they are ready to go, they wont think to check the thread again, especially the first post... I dunno, what does everyone else think?

I personally think start a new thread in the regional and link it from here, PM all the people from the 10th and 30th thread, and update the first post with the list of people that are coming... if that is too much work I can help PM or something tonight if you want after I get off work...

I cant thank you enough for the time you take to set all this up, its really starting to roll! Im excited, I dont know about yall!!

-David

#328 ·
I editited the title too :) I just don't want us to have a million threads, one for every meet. I made sure everyone who has shown intrest already knew that I had added more info to the first post, and if they hadn't show intrest before, they would strat reading the thread from the begining anyhow.

#329 ·
I editited the title too :) I just don't want us to have a million threads, one for every meet. I made sure everyone who has shown intrest already knew that I had added more info to the first post, and if they hadn't show intrest before, they would strat reading the thread from the begining anyhow.
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128

^^^ Check that out... ??

Anyways, that makes sence... but we should start a new one every few meets though, because if anyone missed the 10th and 30th meets, and they want to find info on the Feb 13th meet, they have to go through (most likely at this rate) over 100 posts to even start to find conversation on the Track meet, ya know?

We can try it this way for a bit and see how it works, the good thing is you keep the OP very organized and informative so its easy to keep updated on whats going on...

UH OH :IDEA: lol

What if we keep all the GTG information in this thread but maybe put on the OP approx. what post the info for that meet starts on and keep the thread title updated accordingly (if we can figure that out lol)... because if we get to our 4th or 5th meet and we are 300 posts into this thread, its gonna be a PITA to figure out whats going on unless you start from the back and page back until they talk about the previous meet...

Keep up the good work bro! and congrats again on the mod!!

-David

#331 ·
Oh and about the BBQ, the only thing I remember having a problem with is finding a place to actually do the BBQ at... we found a place over in TAMPA and we had about a dozen trucks and 20+ LX cars there... so I would hardly call that problems setting it up...

If we can find a place in Orlando area that has Pavillions big enough to hold 30 or 40 people, and parking for 20 vehicles, I think we should definatly give this a shot! Last time we just stopped at the local Public and we all bought like 10bux worth of stuff (burgers, dogs, potato salad, chips, beans, condaments) or just brought your own stuff and it turned out to be probably the best meet if not in the top 3 we have set up...

and like I said, doing this in March or April will be our best best, we can miss the couple months of cold and beat the other 9 months of blazing heat lol

-David

#332 ·
Charles had said yall had problem because you have to have ppl bring stuff, but stopping at Publix on the way fixes that.

#333 ·
ahh gotcha, we figured that was easier... and it was :IDEA: lol

-David

#334 ·
It is easier to stop at publix but like other meets at the last minute people say I cant go or they forget and you dont have stuff they were supposed to bring then

#336 ·
Reminder that our next meet is this friday! I'll be sending out PMs to everyone that said they are going soon.

#337 ·
Like david suggested I want to get some sort of BBQ together in March, I figured as long as no one is going out of town that the last week of march would be good (spring break) but I am starting the Police Academy March 16th so I'm not sure how much free time I'll have then.

#338 ·
Charlie, let me know when you want to try to plan something down this way and i'll give you some ideas where for you central guys to toss around + it might draw some of the more southern DT's

#339 ·
We have actually tried a Southern meet before and it was a total bust, kinda turned us off of going down there, but if we have a decent handful of people that are down there that want to come to a meet but doesnt want to drive that distance, and we can get a decent group of people from up here that are willing to head down south, we will definatly try and set something up!

BTW, where exactly is "down this way"? the city in your sig sounds like your in Tennessee or something lol

-David

#341 ·
Me too, I'm gonna have to run through a car wash though since I work today and tomarrow. What time you gonna be there Austin?

#344 ·
This way is actually the Treasure coast, i'm in the southern tip west of Stuart, A quiet place called Palm City aka(the sticks) lol

#345 ·
Great meet everyone! When I got home I discovered that my DT banner, stickers, and some other goodies had already arrived lol. oh well, next time!

#346 ·
Sry i didnt make it, ill definitely be there for the 13th for the track. Currently charles and I are trying to figure out how to blow up my truck to get it to run faster :SPIN: Hopefully ill get a 14.6 or 14.5, we shall see lol

#347 ·
I had a great time. It was nice to finally meet those you type to,+ the place (old town) is cool for sectioning off a place for us. We could defanately do that again!:cheerl:

#349 ·
Twas a little nippy! Maby we can talk our fearless leaders into April it oughta be about perfect around then.
Listen to us complain about 40's ?was it? Some of the other groups in the country are in the snow tires..<LOL

#350 ·
Yep.. Had a blast.. Hanging out, showing our rides and cruising the bricks of Old Town.. And they want us back. We practically lead the pack of over 130 cars through the 100's of onlookers.. That was great.. even had fun with all the U turns afterwards:rck: LOL..
Have a group shot and one I did some artwork to. Sent 05Dak some photos. I think he wanted to do something for the forum homepage so I will let him post what he wants

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.