DodgeTalk Forum banner

Truck will not run

944 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Firelegend 
#1 ·
Help, I have a 99 dodge ram 1500 4x2 with a 5.2L. I recently changed the transmission. During the change the upstream O2 sensor was broken as well,as the crank sensor. I replaced both sensors and the truck finally started, however it ran rough and backfired. I held the trip down to check codes. After I checked codes I pushed the trip again and it reset something. Now my truck will not start.

#2 ·
Uh, I don't know what kind of truck you really have, but holding the trip down to check codes does not work on Dodges. In 2001 you could check them by turning ignition on/off three times but not the trip button. Try pulling battery cables off and resetting them. If that still doesn't work, perhaps the crank sensor is bad. Most sensors need to be OEM to work properly.

#4 ·
thats for the ccd bus fault codes and to test the gauges and warning lights ....which is communications between the various modules on said bus ie pcm to cluster.....cluster to abs module ect ect....make sure nothing got pinched in between the engine and transmission....if nothing found you need spark+fuel so test for both

#5 ·
Thanks, i Have both fuel pressure and spark. The truck ran perfectly before the transmission change. I did bust the crank sensor and pulled the wires from the upstream O2 sensor. I have replaced both of these sensors. I have checked for loose and pinched wires. I have not found any. I did hook the ground back up to the transmission also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.