DodgeTalk Forum banner

Finally Rolled 200k

969 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DODGEPICKUP 
#1 ·
Well, it's been just over 15 years now that I've owned my ol' girl. Last night, coming back over the pass, she rolled 200,000 which is the most I've ever had on a vehicle. But it has definitely been a long and expensive road. Let's see....the only things still original are the axles and engine. I just put in the 3rd clutch last weekend and that's it for drivetrain unless you count 5th set of u-joints and 3rd set of hubs. Oh and the Hughes plenum. Only parts that have never been opened save for fluids are the T-case, trans, and pumpkins. Oddly enough, it still has the OEM balljoints!

I still have to address the steering, front and rear seals, timing chain (I guess 'cause it's cool to do), and the clear is pealing everywhere.

But now with a smooth and correct clutch including new motor and trans mounts, it rides so nice and firm with awesome shifts. I should be fine for another road trip to MN next week.

I won't lie. I've been looking for a newer truck. Something as a DD to keep from wearing this one out so much. But I'll never sell or trade her as there is way too much blood, sweat, tears and memories in this rig. If I found the perfect 2nd wife, I'd let her "retire" to my folks' place and to light duty. My goal for the engine is to reach 240k which is 200k after I bought her with 40k.

Thanks for reading and let's keep these rigs going!:rck:

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice! Dang, my wife has a Dodge Durango that she bought brand new in 2006 with over 200K miles on it!

The most I've ever put on a truck I've owned was 82K miles, my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500..

I hope to break that with my current '14 2500. Perfect truck. So why not keep it right! :)

#4 ·
Thanks. I've been chasing some weird buzzing vibration through the floorboard for the past two years and cannot track it down. About ready to drop it off at Randy's and say, "don't call until you find it."

On a lighter note, I emailed Dodge about the mileage and they sent a metal license plate frame with RAM and 200,000 MILE CLUB embossed on it. Only problem is it won't fit on my bracket but it's still cool. You have to be the first or second owner, put in VIN, and some other requirement. Kinda cool.

#5 ·
welcome to the 200k club.....just rolled 206k and running strong....ive put alot of money and time modifying wrenching and dont wanna 600+ month payment on a new ram.....

#6 ·
Thanks, DODGE! Haven't seen you in a while! We almost have the same truck as I am over 205k now. Just ordered my 1ton steering parts this week. Went with Moog from rockauto. Any tips to install?

Back in MN in June, I replaced the timing chain, water pump (it had over 100k on it), hoses, coolant, t-stat, front seal and flushed core. Runs exactly the same. I did notice it is quieter when it shuts off. No more chain rattle but no difference in performance.

I have also replaced the rear main, oil pump, and pan gasket. No more leaks anywhere!

Still trying to track down the vibe underneath the truck. Thinking its xfer case, trans, or pinion bearing. It's really frustrating! But she still starts everyday and drives me everywhere. Can't seem to find a newer truck under $30k that I like enough to get. Plus that's twice what I paid for this one off a dealer lot with a warranty still. Ridiculous.

#7 ·
i drive by every so often to see whats up and show what ive done to the truck(always with pictures of course).....not much time with all the projects going on and work (gotta pay for the mods/projects) to sit in front of the computer all day....for the one ton steering torque the tres to spec....believe its 65-70ft....dont go over you can strip the threads.....if the t.r.e studs spin as your tightening tap it in to seat it in the tappered hole....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.