DodgeTalk Forum banner

95 weird electrical...pls help

983 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  burritodad 
#1 ·
The closest thing i have seen to my problems was titles 96 intrepid electrical problems / battery.

This is the deal. The intrepid is a 95 with about 130,000. The battery in the car croaked on me, and thus replaced it. Since the replacement i cannot get the interior lights to dim off unless the car is running. Also the power door locks do not work (unless running, and then only unlock works). replace the door switches, to no avail. After the car is turned off before exiting the vehicle, if you attempt to use the door locks the interior lights come on, by the way ignition switch was replaces two months ago (would not allow the key to come out of the column), all fuses and relays check out fine.

any help would greatly appreciated...

#2 ·
Well i got my money out of dodge today. The $87.50 that they charged was worth the three days that they had my car "looking" for the problem. They finally said it was the Body Control Module. The estimate to replace it was $1000.00 for the bcm and $450 for labor. Went down to a local junk yard and happened upon an ES fully loaded 95, identicle to mine, pulled the ecm paid the yard $40.00 put it in and solved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.