DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hella 500 buzzing

923 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  JeffB2002 
#1 ·
I installed a set of Hella 500's behind the grill on my '06 Ram about a year ago. I installed a redundant switch so that I can switch them on or off with the high beams or leave the switch on and they automatically turn on.
I have found recently that I get a buzzing noise in the cab after a few miles of driving. Turn the switch off and the noise goes away. Anyone else had this problem or have any ideas ?

#2 ·
It could be feedback from the high beams or a short in the switch. Get it fixed or you could end up with a fire.

#3 ·
Is the switch tripping a relay for the lights on/off,.. Or are you just switching the power for the lights through the switch itself on/off? Could quite possibly be a crappy ground,..

#4 ·
The switch is routed through the high beam relay. I can turn the lights on and off using the switch but only when the high beams are on.

#5 ·
I have the same setup and the same buzzing. Its the relay. Mine is under the hood so I cant hear it when going down the road. Its done it since day one install. I double check the ground and connection already. Just like to buzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.