DodgeTalk Forum banner

No bus truck wont start 900 codes

917 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  spun360 
#1 ·
I recently did the plenum reinforcement kit from Hughes engine, I also had a 360 in my shed I pulled my camshaft out of that and put it into my 318, I swapped the rocker arms the lifters and pushrods as well. upon putting it back together I have no issues, put my fluids in and go to start it it won't fire I get a no bus message on my instrument cluster I do the self diagnostic trick and come up with all the 900 codes basically it's not communicating with computer I need serious help this is my plow truck and it's snowing I do not believe it is a bad computer because I have 3 different ones I've picked up over the year from other trucks and it's kind of hard to believe that all three of them are bad is it something I did with the camshaft I'm looking for expert answers please. Another thing I should mention upon plugging in a diagnostic scanner my gauges all work back to normal the truck won't start I thought I had a ground issue I found the main ground for all the electronics inside and it was a little rough so I replaced it didn't change anything I currently have no spark and no fuel

#3 ·
I swapped the camshaft not crank the camshaft in a 360 has a little bit longer duration on the lift adding more fuel and air to come in. I separated my wiring harness pulled off my fuse box inside the engine wiggled all the ways you can possibly think of I'm still thinking it's a ground but where could it be? Why do all my gauges suddenly come to life when I plug in a scanning tool

#4 ·
the cam shaft from a 318 is slightly more aggressive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.