DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trans Pan Time!

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  N1K 
#1 ·
Time to service the trans again.
Doing a Pan this time.
Thinking Plm raw and have it powder coated at work. Sucks we have pans made for us at work but for the Hemi. Might look into seeing if that same company makes one and I can get it cheaper.
Anyone done this swap?
Curious what pan you installed and what ya thought.

#2 ·
I saw where AIR_RAM (Nick) and some of his customers put the PML trans pan on their trucks and they really liked the pan. It was on my 'To-Do' list but when my engine failed, it went down to the bottom of the list. Are you planning the stock or the over sized pan?

#4 ·
Other option would be to reroute the exhaust. I'll look at that tonight to.
I think the gas tank will get in the way for this.
Also found out about a threaded insert I can use for the spin on filter. To keep them tight.

#5 ·
When using the bigger pan, if I remember right, you need an extension for the flat filter but the spin-on is the same. You have to be careful with the extension to be sure it's installed correct so it doesn't suck in air under hard loads and driving.

#7 ·
I believe the tube come with the new pan. If I'm wrong hope someone says so.

#8 ·
I'll measure the aftermarket 68 pan in the morning. Its deeper then the stock pan but its not like the huge deep pans we sell. I still don't think it will work, if I have the clearance to the pipe it will be stupid close.
Then it would become a pita cause it looks like I'll have to take the crossover and cats off to put the pan on. I also looked at rerouting the exhaust on the drivers side. Not a lot of options here. Pipe would run next to frt. drive shaft and fuel lines that look plastic the have to still cross back to pass side just before the fuel tank as a side dump would way to far forward on the cab and have hang below the frame. Which would look like crap and I have clearance issues as it is with very poor break over angle on this long ass truck. You'll see some abuse when I post up some pics as we go.

#9 ·
Have a couple pans to work with!! Now just need time to play.
First thoughts are sure wish I could move the exhaust via headers ,decat and do what ever the hell I want to eliminate this as an issue. Still might have a couple ideas to deal with this situation though

Attachments

#10 ·
I really like the Mag-Hytec pans.

#13 ·
Looks like it

#15 ·
PML

This is the PML pan. I had it on my first Ram.......that I killed :crying (see picture on my home page)
I put it on my 05 ram and have had no issue with either during all types of driving.

They can obviously take some heat. Would have like to had it polished before putting it back on the 05 but this ain't a show truck!

Attachments

#16 ·
Sorry RedWheel <sniff>

Those pans look nice brand new. Too bad they don't throw some clear coat on before installing. That's what I would do if I installed one.
By the way, I don't remember seeing my tranny temps hit 180* yet, but I don't tow very often. 172*F seems to be the norm.

#17 ·
Sorry guys been so unfocused and working on other things.
Things look easy on 2wd trucks. Only things I've done have been taking the tooper off. My egr check engine comes on and goes off. I took the topper off to do a trip. Drove to Mo. to pick up a racebike!! My truck feels and sounds awesome and lower elevations!
Looks like I'll have to either buy a pan for a 4x4 or mod my exhaust. I think I'll plan to try fitting the pans with the stock crossover while doing my service and just fix my stock pan while off. Emissions is due now so I'll be putting my tailpipe back on removing my turn down. I do like how the tailpipe looks but its dragged while wheeling.
Anyways yeah I need to have this thread pretty much done by june before a trip with trailer to ok. I want that trans service done for sure. Now back to race bike building. Test date 4-1
I need a you tube channel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.