DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbk header noise???? need help

10K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Daytona4u 
#1 ·
I just installed my bbk headers and I hear a little ticking noise when I get on it??? What could it be??

#2 ·
From what I've read the headers magnify the pinging noise from the engine

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

#4 ·
What gaskets did you use with the install?

#6 ·
I'm speaking from experience, I had nothing but trouble when I installed the gaskets that came with the headers. That single layer of composite material doesn't seal correctly IMO, (that's the ticking you hear now). Within 6-8 months my gaskets started to blow chunks, leaked and hardened to the point they fused themselves to the aluminum block. I since had to start over with OEM and things have been quiet and leak free ever since. Not sure why OEM's didn't work for you but IMO they are the answer to the fix. Just sharing my experience, hope yours works out better.

Attachments

#8 ·
I agree with 05RamHendrix, OEM header gaskets are the only way to go.

#9 ·
Yea I should have just put the OEM one in but I figured out the problem it wasn't the headers...before I took my bullydog off I programmed it back to stock...and it most have had something to do with the motor because when I flashed my computer today to make sure everything was set back the noise went away

#17 ·
may be off topic but when did BBK release for the 4th gen hemi? i thought their ports had the "circle" shape compared to the eagles "D" shape? did i miss that release along time ago lol? If i recall a member on here bought them, and then sent em back because the port was wrong still.

#20 ·
sweet thanks for the info i missed that thread. . . . well now there is two things on my next order. thanks again guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.