DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

F/S - 04+ CANBUS adapter and DUAL DD HU

152 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  weedahoe 
#1 ·
This CANBUS adapter provides up to 2 auxiliary inputs to factory head unit

These are not cheap adapters but this is THE best way to add another source to the OEM HU. (IPOD, SAT, Audio from DVD player with video going to the screens, ECT)

Also I have a Dual (model# XDVD8281) double DIN HU for those who want to get into the nicer HUs. I just had to buy a brand new harness for this as the old one was too chopped up from the guy I got it from.

Long story short, he owed me money and offered this in exchange.

$50 shipped for the CANBUS adapter
$225 shipped for the Dual DD HU.

Im at work right now and will add photos later tonight when I get home.

CANBUS link

DUAL xDVD8281

If you have any Qs please feel free to ask.

See less See more
#2 ·
Is the canbus adapter model AXCR2? Can I install an "amplifier" using this connection?

...someone chime in;)

*Dibs..till I find out..interested.

#3 ·
Is the canbus adapter model AXCR2? Can I install an "amplifier" using this connection?

...someone chime in;)

*Dibs..till I find out..interested.
LOL.....did you even click on the link I put in the post that takes you to the manufacture page and give the model number?? :D

Seriously, it is the AXCR2 BUT as I did put in BOLD letters in the first post, these give RCA INPUTS and not OUTPUTS.

This means you can connect something like an MP3 player, IPOD, Sat tuners or whatever else with an output to these inputs the AXCR2 provides so you can play the audio through the OEM HU.

So you cannot (as far as I know) add a amp to it and get audio out of it. You need line converters to convert those lines from speaker wire outputs to RCAs. I do have some of those also if thats what you are looking for.

#4 ·
hahah i glanced at the website...but i was in a hurry at the time. Umm dammit! the thing is i don't want to cut into my radio harness...have a picture of the line converters?

#5 ·
LOL........no big deal. I understand about multi-tasking. Um......just T-tap everything. You can still get that CANBUS I got. I dont wanna talk you out of it.....LOL

Ill see about those pics tonight for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.