DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ABS and Brake light

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  rockadaous 
#1 ·
Hi All !!
Going around a slight turn, slightly step on brakes and I hear the ABS system activate. Since then ABS and Brake light are on constantly. Speedo is working fine. Any possible way to read the codes from the ABS system easily? Or is it just better to pull the fuse an deal with it? I have a few books on my D but not a whole lota info to go on from them. I've read most of the posts on ABS systems to no avail. Kinda stuck as to what to do, and I aint takin to the Dealership here (BAD rep). Any help at all would be greatly appreciated,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thank in advance!!!

#2 ·
it's your rear wheel speed sensor. dealer only part, but you can change it yourself. it's on top of your rear differential. drop the spare makes it a little easier to work. don't wait until your truck is sideways in a storm before you change it like I did:IDEA:

#3 ·
Thanks, Even though my speedo is working fine? I'll try to get one today and see where that leaves me. Takin truck in a long drive soon,,,,would like to get it fixed.

#4 ·
The speedo MAY or MAY NOT be affected. My speedo was never affected when the sensor went out and others have had the same.

#5 ·
it took mine about a month to go and even then it still worked above 25MPH

#6 ·
the speedo works off the speed sensor in the tailshaft of the tranny, your problem is definately your speed sensor in the rear diff, i have seen this on a friends durango and my dads also had the same problem

#7 ·
Actually the speedo work off of both. Below 20, the rear speed sensor provides the input for the speedo. Above 20 the transmission output speed sensor provides the speed.

#8 ·
Thanks everyone! I just got the part yesterday from Dodge, I'll change it out after the snow clears,,we got about 5 inches, I aint crawlin under anytime REAl soon,,,,,,I'll make sure to let you all know!!!!!!!!!

#9 ·
4.7silverblack said:
the speedo works off the speed sensor in the tailshaft of the tranny, your problem is definately your speed sensor in the rear diff, i have seen this on a friends durango and my dads also had the same problem
the rear diff will affect your speedo also. I've had this problem and fixed it with the speed sensor in the diff. Not my dad or my friend, but my durango

#10 ·
Neil F. said:
Actually the speedo work off of both. Below 20, the rear speed sensor provides the input for the speedo. Above 20 the transmission output speed sensor provides the speed.
thanks for clear'n that up neil...... most of us talk from experience not hear say

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.