DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seat Belt Buzzer disable?

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Ram3500Dually 
#1 ·
Anyone know how to disable the seat belt buzzer/dinger in a 4g Ram? I didn't see anything in my owners manual, unlike the 08 I had where it showed a how to in the book.
Thanks

#2 ·
Not sure about the Dodge, but there was a process written in the owners manual of my Jeep. You had to put the seatbealt on before turning the key to the Aux position and then take the seatbelt bucklet in and out 5 times. all before starting the car

something like that - I'll see if I can find it again

#4 ·
Try this.... Hope it helps

The following events must occur within sixty 60 seconds of the ignition switch being placed in the On position.
1. With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the On position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds).
3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the beltminder feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.

#7 ·
That's the process... pretty certain it is in the manual too. Have done to my 3G and 4G trucks and even when I get a rental too. :)

#8 ·
Me three. I hate that damn thing. I live in a rural area, so when in a small town it is off, but when on the highway or in a city it is on.

#12 ·
Ya, its not in the 2010 manual but the old way works. First thing I did when I got into the truck at the dealer LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.