DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone with led tails

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  hemidogg 
#1 ·
I am about to start my next project but need some help from anyone currently running LED tail lights.

I need to find LED tails that have the lenses mounted the same way as the OEM tails. The OEM tails basically have a flush mounted lens that is glued to the bucket. Some LED tails do this but some actually have the lens wrapped around the edge of the bucket, which won't work for me.

Can anyone with LED tail lights take a picture of the back side of the light (I know, you'll have to uninstall one, but I appreciate it) and especially a picture of where the lens and bucket meet? It doesn't matter if you have a clear lens or not because I can see if the brand itself offers one.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Do you mind posting a picture of what you're talking about? I have the sonar ones on my truck

#3 ·
All I'm looking for is a picture showing where the lens meets the bucket. Here is what the OEM ones look like from the back as well as a shot showing that the lens does not wrap around the back of the bucket:

#5 ·
I'm actually referring only to aftermarket LEDs, not the 2013 OEM LEDs.

#6 ·
I'm curiuos if the 2013 OEM LEDs will even fit other previous 4th gen models? I'm also looking for a set of LED taillights.

#8 ·
Here's some. These are the sonar ones (mine leak).

Attachments

#9 ·
Thank you very much! That sucks about the lights leaking, but I will be disassembling/reassembling mine, so I'll be sure to seal them better.

#10 ·
I have the 2013 tails instelled onto mine they work perfectly I got the 2013 wiring pig tail and cut off my old connectors and wired the new pigtail in and plugged in the lights and they work I have no resistors ether

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.