DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

noob with a 92

1K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  stevethepirate 
#1 ·
hey guys, i just bought a 92 dak a few hours ago, so figured i would sign up. i'm a long time forum user... but previously strictly GM, lol. My other car is a 2002 camaro (juiced v6).
I think the guy i got the dakota off of (names rick) is on here, not sure though. as of now i only have the specs that he gave me, and pictures that he took... havent had time to get the 2 cars out for pictures together yet.

Drivetrain specs:
-'95 5.2L V8 bottom end
-Mopar Performance R/T 5.9L V8 top end components
-Mopar Performance R/T cam
-Mopar Performance R/T heads
-True double roller timing chain
-K&N FIPK with "functional" '70 Dart Swinger ram air scoops
-Underdrive pulleys (not installed - including an alternator with the underdrive pulley)
-Nitrous Express Dodge EFI wet kit (Adjustable from 35-250 .. 100 shot injectors in there at the moment),
-Screamin' Demon Coil
-8mm Accel wires
-Accel spark plugs
-Accel cap & rotor
-46RH (A518) transmission from a '95 Dodge Ram 1500 with 75k miles on it, shifts awesome!
-Chrysler 8 1/4 rear with 3.91's and a Suregrip (posi-type)

Suspension:
-Belltech 3" front and 4" rear lowering kit
-KYB gas adjustable (automatic) shocks

Misc:
-Vortex muffler with turndown (sounds real NICE!)
-Extang bed cover
-Sylvania Silver Star headlights
-GT Grant chrome/black steering wheel
-Sir Michaels roll pan
-LED "Line Of Fire" light bar
-Super White reverse lights
-REAR tint (not sure what %) only
-American Racing "Neptune" 15x7" polished aluminum rims (they are in need of some TLC)
-Yokohama Avid S/T 255/60-R15 rears and 235/60-R15 fronts (Almost brand new up front, decent tread in the back .. not sure but I'd guess 15/32?)
-SSBC "Short Stop" Slotted Rotors w/ High Performance Pads
-6 foot "short bed"

(apparently i cant have URLs in my thread?)

See less See more
#2 ·
ok, i guess because of my post count, i couldnt put the pictures in the post, but i can put them in as attachments.

here are 3 pictures from the previous owner.

Attachments

#4 ·
thanks!

unfortunately i almost got arrested yesterday because the previous owner failed to tell me that the inspection stickers were fake. OOPS!?

#6 ·
MulesHemi said:
Id say the first mod should be an M1 with those mods that would make it scream

Also ....is it a 5.2 or 5.9 bottom end?
M1? (im a complete noob when it comes to trucks, sorry)

this is really just going to be a dd for me. ive already spent much more on mods for the camaro than i did on the truck itself... so even though the truck is faster (with juice..) the camaro is still the toy.

and i was told its a 5.2 bottom end.

#9 ·
that is probably the nicest set up on a dakota ive ever seen...
it looks so mean.. and i bet on a nice little 150 shot its capable of 12's atleast...
im jealous man, nice truck

we also have a camaro as a toy, we now have a ws6 trans am that we are dropping a built ls1 block with ls6 heads and a nice cam... all motor it went 11.58's in the camaro, we're putting on a procharger, then switching the ls1's so itll be in the ws6
hoping for 10 sec daily driver heheheh

#10 ·
93dakota318 said:
that is probably the nicest set up on a dakota ive ever seen...
it looks so mean.. and i bet on a nice little 150 shot its capable of 12's atleast...
im jealous man, nice truck

we also have a camaro as a toy, we now have a ws6 trans am that we are dropping a built ls1 block with ls6 heads and a nice cam... all motor it went 11.58's in the camaro, we're putting on a procharger, then switching the ls1's so itll be in the ws6
hoping for 10 sec daily driver heheheh
thanks! unfortunately i might have to sell the truck if it doesnt pass inspection. i just cant deal with having to pay to get another car to pass... lol.

yeah, my camaro isnt nearly that fast. i ran a 15.2 stock, and now i have full exhaust (headers, y-pipe, highflow cat, 3" catback), intake, 3.42 gears, and the juice, so im hoping for a low 14. i think with a posi rear, aluminum driveshaft, and some drag radials and i can be in the very high 13's.

#12 ·
my camaro? try a 3.8...

i want to learn to paint... and im debating painting the dakota this color orange (GM sunset orange metallic)
have to think about it though, i think its sick in black... but the paints in pretty bad condition.

#14 ·
93dakota318 said:
i was about to say lol
stop payin for bolt ons and get ya an ls1
instant low 13's
why do that when i could buy a z06?
theres always going to be a faster car. why not work on one that isnt already the speed of light, and do it for fun? i dont need my car to be fast, i just enjoy modding it.

my parents paid for the camaro (first car) and the only way my dad would pay was if it was fairly new, with low mileage. ls1's just werent in the price range he gave me, so i got an 02 v6 with 18k miles on it.

#16 ·
if you want a fast dakota... buy mine!

its for sale i guess. didnt pass inspection... pretty miserably. i think at this point it needs to go to someone who lives in a state without emmissions testing, or to someone who doesnt care if they have to put a cat on it.

#19 ·
because i dont know if all it needs is a cat. it very well might not pass even with a cat on it...

not to mention that i got $500 in fines the morning after i got it due to the previous owner not telling me that the stickers were fake... so i need to find a way to pay for that.

its really a bunch of reasons. i drive a 2-seater camaro, so i need at least one vehicle with more than 2 seats. i also need something that i can drive in the winter... this truck might not be the best in snow! haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.