DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper Electric Fan vs. Flex-A-Lite Model 150 Electric Fan

5K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  TCalYen 
#1 ·
I'm currently running a Model 150 Flex-A-Lite electric fan on my 5.9 which supposedly pulls 2800 CFM.

I've been hearing different opinions on this fan vs the Viper fan.

Some say the model 150 works fine and have experienced no problems. I say otherwise.

Others say that no electric fan can keep up with the stock fan and shroud.

And yet others say that the Viper fan with some minor fabricating is better than the above two options.

Please post anything you've heard regarding this topic, your own experiences or some you've heard about, etc.

Thanks,

#3 ·
Man R/T'ers are using the the Viper Fan assy without issues. Now is you live in AZ things might be different but all in all no issues. Swapping fans is also a good time to upgrade your water pump, water pump pulley under-drive pulley and get a little more HP out of the swap. Just my 5.9 cents

#4 ·
Well thats just my issue. I'm moving to Miami and want to keep and electric fan assembly. 1999 Durangos have a water pump with a push on pulley. If I was to upgrade the water pump I'd want to get one that accepts a bolt on pulley so I an increase the diameter because I already have a power pulley set on for the underdrive pulley. What water pump would you suggest and why?

Thanks man,

#5 ·
#6 ·
Bill,

How is it well worth the 130? I've talked to FC and so far have been unconviced that it's worth the price. I would think I could just put a flow cooler disc on my water pump and get the same result but for only 10 bucks.

What sort of improvements did you see with the FC water pump? Where you having cooling problems before the install? Did you notice a decrease in basal engine temp.

Any input will help! Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.