DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopar ATF +3 type 7176 tranny fluid

7K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  ofelas 
#1 ·
my tranny gasket has taken a dump with the warmer months upon us. i looked in my service manual and it says mopar ATF+3 and i know this is correct. do i need to go to my local dodge dealer to buy this or will parts+ or autozone have it?

also does anyone have any tips on draining the fluid out of the pan w/out getting fluid everywhere? ive never messed with the tranny pan i know i can do it but im not wanting to make a mess. can the fluid be put in the same oil catch as my engine oil when i take it to get recycled at the oil dump?

thanks-

#3 ·
Might want but buy a drain plug kit at Auto Zone for about $6 and install it for the next time.

#4 ·
Bryanh23,

Go to your local Dodge dealer and get the new reusable tranny gasket. I'd buy a new filter while your down their. The best way to avoid getting covered in ATF is to buy a cement or mortar mixing tub from Home Depot. They are rectangular in shape and they're about 2'x3'. They cost less than 10 bucks. No you can't recycle it in the oil dump. Check for one of those haz mat depositories in your area. If you want some ATF that is good for 2-3 times the service interval of standard ATF+3 take a look at Amsoil's ATF.

Bill,

#5 ·
yep, just buy a big rectangle pan, and don't where any nice clothes. it's a mess no matter what.

the shops have a great way of pulling all the tranny fluid out now. cost about $80 i think. doing it yourself doesn't drain that much fluid.

#6 ·
I second that-Mopar reusable plastic raised lip tranny pan gasket + Amsoil ATF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.