DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fold Down Back Seat Quad Cab??

249K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  Albert1500 
#1 ·
I have seen where it is possible to make your back seat fold down so that you can mount your amps to the back wall of the cab. Can someone help me out on how to do this or tell me where I can find the thread that explains how to do it. Also, what does it mean when they say they didn't cover up the vents? Thanks for everyones help.

#2 ·
Loosen your 4 bolts that hold the rear seat. Then slightly lift up on the rear of your seat , as you do this fold up the bottom as if you were trying to acces your storage area. This will release the seat from the rear wall. At this point you can fold down your rear seat (it will unlatch) When you look at the back wall you will see 2 hooks that holds the seat in place.Remove theese hooks and reinstall them upside down. Latch the seat back & bolt it down.

#3 ·
Ht Rambler said:
Loosen your 4 bolts that hold the rear seat. Then slightly lift up on the rear of your seat , as you do this fold up the bottom as if you were trying to acces your storage area. This will release the seat from the rear wall. At this point you can fold down your rear seat (it will unlatch) When you look at the back wall you will see 2 hooks that holds the seat in place.Remove theese hooks and reinstall them upside down. Latch the seat back & bolt it down.
So with doing that, will the rear seat back fold down when lifting up on the rear seat and it all will fold forward?

#13 ·
Ht Rambler said:
When you look at the back wall you will see 2 hooks that holds the seat in place.Remove theese hooks and reinstall them upside down. Latch the seat back & bolt it down.

My hooks are wielded in, were yours?

#15 ·
ahhh, dang it!!! I put it all back together... oh well learning experience lol

Thanks

#18 ·
SKINNI said:
SO DOES THE SEAT BACK HOOK BACK ON WHEN U FOLD IT BACK UP & IF SO HOW? GETTING EVERYTHING INSTALLED FIRST THING IN THE MORNING & MY INSTALLER NEEDS TO KNOW.

FOXBOX ABOUT TO ROCK THE BLOCK :rck:

:gr_patrio
Re-read post 3 and 4.

#22 ·
When you fold the bottom of the seat (up) , it allows the(rear) seat to lift up without the bolts being out. Go out and fold the bottom of your seat up , you will see the rear of the seat lift up also. The only reason it stays fastened is because the hooks hold it. when the are reversed the run short of keeping the seat on the hooks.

#24 ·
Ht Rambler said:
When you fold the bottom of the seat (up) , it allows the(rear) seat to lift up without the bolts being out. Go out and fold the bottom of your seat up , you will see the rear of the seat lift up also. The only reason it stays fastened is because the hooks hold it. when the are reversed the run short of keeping the seat on the hooks.
NOW THATS WHAT IVE BEEN WAITING TO HEAR. MAKES PERFECT SENSE. ILL BE DROPING THE TRUCK OFF IN ABOUT 2 HOURS SO ILL POST TONIGHT TO GIVE AN UPDATE.

ONLY BAD THING IS RIGHT NOW I HAVE AN EAR INFECTION IN MY RIGHT EAR SO WONT GET TO HEAR IT ALL CLEAR. MY LUCK!

THANKS AGAIN GUYS

:gr_patrio

#25 ·
Does this cause any extra risk to someone in the back seat in the event of an accident?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.