DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to clear Check Engine light on 1992 Ram d50

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  mpeteritas 
#1 ·
Hey all,

This is my first post. Perhaps the first of many... I have a 1992 Mitsu Mighty Max (Ram d50) and it has a replaced fuel tank. This causes the gas gauge to be very inaccurate.

Long story short... I ran it out of gas. When I got it towed and put gas in it, it fired a check engine light and it won't go off (and it ain't running right...low idle). Have tried removing battery cables over night and it didn't clear the check engine light. Wondering if there is an additional procedure to clear the check engine light? Please advise...

Since I ran it out of gas, the idle has changed...from a cold start it no longer idles high for a minute or so like it used to. It now idles so slow it will stall if I don't warm it up manually. I attributed this to the ECU trying to compensate for whatever fault was fired. Might something else be causing this? Would running it out of gas potentially cause some part of the emissions system to fail? Any advice/comments?

I will try to get the fault codes tonight with the key turning procedure mentioned in other posts in this forum.

Thanks in advance!

-mark

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.