DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnect

460 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Ramagain 
#1 ·
Hey! Has anyone purchased the UConnect system from the dealer (or elsewhere) and installed it themselves? Looking for some tips! Also, is the 2006 Doge Ram 1500 considered a "Can-B" vehicle?

Thanks!

Tim

#3 ·
Yes. Very easy install. It's pretty much plug and play. Now I'm talking about the one that is not mounted in the rear view mirror. Look in my gallery. It works flawlessly.

#4 ·
brbrem said:
Yes. Very easy install. It's pretty much plug and play. Now I'm talking about the one that is not mounted in the rear view mirror. Look in my gallery. It works flawlessly.
Did this plug up to your RB1 and Sirius? I have the same setup and couldn't find a definite answer.

#5 ·
The U-connect will plug in with the RB 1. The pig tail will come with the U-connect kit. Again it's the one that looks like the one in my gallery. Not the one on the rear view mirror! Do you have the part number of the one you are looking to get? That will help.

#6 ·
I was just wondering because my Mopar Sirius kit is tying up the last open port on my RB1. I figured you had the same kit for the Sat. Radio and was seeing how you interfaced them both.

#8 ·
Please clear this up for me, can one use the Uconnect and Sirius together, it was my understanding that the uconnect plugs into the open connector where the sirius would plug in
One other question, is the uconnect illumiinated

Thanks
Bob

#9 ·
Gentleman said:
Please clear this up for me, can one use the Uconnect and Sirius together, it was my understanding that the uconnect plugs into the open connector where the sirius would plug in
One other question, is the uconnect illumiinated

Thanks
Bob
The U-connect and Sirius can be used together. The U-connect does not plug into the 10 pin connector on the back of the radio. Now I'm talking about the one that is shown in my gallery. The U-connect that is integrated with the rear view mirror I'm not sure about. Can't imagine it's much different. Yes the control does light up.

#10 ·
RugbyGuy said:
Thanks brbrem! You're right...it was very easy to install!

Tim
Glad I could help! :)

#13 ·
Yes!

The radio does mute. It also has a volume control on it. I'm talking about the system that you can install yourself...not the one that comes as an option factory installed. It was supremely easy to install. If anyone has any questiosn please don't hesitate to ask. In addition - It is very nice to be able to drive and not have to fiddle with the cell phone.

Tim

#14 ·
Where did you purchase the Uconnect and how much was that in comparison to the mirror version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.