DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronic Throttle Control

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  hemimech 
#1 ·
2006 Magnum SXT RWD 3.5l V6

:help:

Removed the upper manifold and throttle body and coil packs to replace the spark plugs. After both the check engine and Electronic Throttle Control warning lamps were on. Had Advance auto check the error codes and all 6 coils came back with warning. Had it reset and its not coming back but the ETC light is still on and I am idling at 1500rpm not at the usual 750rpm. Does anyone know if resetting the Power Control Module PCM will reset the idle and throttle control? Please let me know or email me at jhaste31@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Jon

#2 ·
that one is beyond me...

maybe there is a gasket leak somewhere?
did you crack the tb off the intake? Is there something in the way of the blade?

#3 ·
Did you possibly rip or mis-place the lt.blue teflon seal on the egr tube where it slips into the back of the intake manifold(very easy to do)? Or the tube could be out of position as there is no clip to retain it at the upper end. Or if you loosened the two M6 screws at the egr end of the tube did you tighten them back up? As Warlock suggested a small vacuum leak will cause the high idle. An ETC fault is then set because the throttle body can't cut off enough air to control idle speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.