DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

electronic throttle control?

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  nick21 
#1 ·
so this morning i went out and started my 04 ram..its cold here in iowa, 10 degree..went back in the house and could here the motor increasing rpm.then dropping down then increasing again..went on for 10 minuets or so while warming up..when i got in to go the electronic throttle control light was flashing, i looked in the owners manual to see what that meant ..it said if it was on, it was driveable but it is flashing your in trouble..sure enough when i took off i had no throttle, so i turned around and was going to get the wifes van knowing full well i would get chewed out, as it is grocery day for her, so i decided to shut it off and try it once. well i did that.. and the light was off and the truck ran fine...should i be concerned?

what would the approx cost be?

i have a dealership close by ..i do not think the truck is under warenty..i just bought it from a privavte guy and dont know if he bought a warrenty, i know the dealership where he bought it, i guess they could probably tell me..the truck has 32,000 miles thanks

#2 ·
I Know you can keep the 3-36 bumper to bumper warranty if you are the second owner, then the 7-70 powertrain requires you to pay a 150 dollar transfer fee (my dealer did it for me). I would double check on the bumper to bumper, it probably needs to be bought from a dealer to have that intact I think. My truck had 16,900miles on it but i got it from a dealer. Good luck resolving the issue

#3 ·
If you don't have a check engine light, don't worry about it since the lightning bolt when away.

If you have a cel, then we need a P code number.

I've set that limp mode light many times because of the turbo tuner.

#5 ·
I had the same problem and called dealer. They told me to have throttle body service done and also injector cleaning.I could not see paying for injector cleaning since that has nothing to do withg the throttle. I did however do the throttle body cleaning myself. I thought because my throttle body was dirty it might cause the throttle to stick therefore causing a problem to be detected by the computer. This seems to have worked as i have had no problems since the cleaning.

#6 ·
Just happened to me this morning.
It was -9 in MN today. Started with remote start, it idled up and down for a while, got in, and it had the ETC light on. tried to drive, couldn't (could put in gear, but no throttle input). Put it back in park, shut it off, started it again, and everything was fine! Drove 25 miles to work with no probs. Maybe the ETCs just don't like the cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.