DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

keys & FOBS

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DODGEIT 
#1 ·
My 2012 has a key, my 2010 has a FOB. CAN I program an FOB to work where the KEY is in my 2012?

#2 ·
I have been through this myself recently. If a fob was previously programmed to another vehicle, it is very difficult to reprogram to another vehicle. Dodge even says it can't be done. I had 2 fobs my used dealer gave me but had to buy 2 new ones anyway. Getting them programmed this week. I got them from a place called keylessride.com, more expensive than ebay, but guaranteed to be able to be programmed or an easy return.

Hope this helps a little.

#3 ·
Thanks,I called STEVE WHITE MOTORS, and they told me if my truck came from factory w/ key, it CAN BE programmed w/ FOB. They are in NC, I am in KY, They said to take it to my dealership, but they said it couldnt be done. STEVE WHITE MOTORS IS THE MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE DODGE DEALERSHIP IN THE STATES, They have talked me through so many things, I will do ALL my business w/ STEVE WHITE MOTORS from now on, if I decide to trade for a new truck, it will be w/ THEM! CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE

#4 ·
I use Steve White Motors for parts too, and I'm in Ohio. Outstanding service, very knowledgeable, and they seem to always have the best prices. If I lived closer, I'd probably make the drive to buy vehicles from them too. I have nothing to add on the topic of the key/fob, but felt I should chime in to agree with Jason, so people don't think his rave review was spam due to the low post count.

Anyway, sorry about that, back on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.