DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big "clunk" from rearend

706 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  1MIKE1 
#1 ·
Hi,
I've noticed a big CLUNK from my rear-end twice since I've changed the performance settings with the SuperChip. It only happens when on cruise control. The first time, I was at highway speed and it was more like a "slip". It was kind of icy out, so I kind of just figured maybe the back wheels hit a small black ice patch. Today @ 35 mph (I put it on cruise because of all the cops lurking on this particular road) I was cruising for a couple of minutes when CLUNK!!! and the back end seems to lift up for just a second.

Any thoughts? Anything to do with the new torque from the SuperChip? (I'm only using the 87 setting).

Thanks,
Clay

#2 ·
Mine did the same thing today at the same speed of 35 mph. Every once in a while I get this since having the tuner. It's the transmission downshifting to I think 3rd gear. I don't like how it does this. If you are going, say 38, then gradually slow down, you'll notice it down shifts, right at 35, even if you are coasting and not throttling. It is then when mine clunks hard occasionally. Then if you speed up and go just over 35, it upshifts again. I have not liked this hunting since I have had this tuner. Love the power, but don't like the hunting and "clunks" like you had. I am going to email superchips about it.

#3 ·
My Dodge "Clunks" when I go down this One road and only that one road. When you have to make a turn and the turn leads downhill when it shifts down. It sounds like my transmission just about dropped out so its not only with the superchips that this problem is coming up.

#4 ·
jordanp123 said:
My Dodge "Clunks" when I go down this One road and only that one road. When you have to make a turn and the turn leads downhill when it shifts down. It sounds like my transmission just about dropped out so its not only with the superchips that this problem is coming up.
Strange man. Could be a coincidence but I never noticed mine doing it before the SC install. Does it always do it?

#5 ·
its got 3300 miles on it and it always does it but only on that one turn every where else it's as smooth as it can be. Pretty weird huh ?

#7 ·
lol I have to too get down to the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.