DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Half Shaft

821 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  stenerson 
#1 ·
I need help deciding. I got back from bear hunting this week and noticed I had torn my inner driver side boot on the C/V. I'm guessing that it happened on the way home since the grease all over the wheel wells is not dirty at all. Thats the only way I noticed it since it wasn't covered in mud. My question is should I just replace the boot or go ahead and replace the whole thing since it will be off anyways. I'm leaning towards replacement but for those that have replaced did you use OEM or aftermarket since there is such a price difference.

#2 ·
If its not damaged just clean it good and replace the boot. The cheapest cheesiest half shafts Ive ever found were $85 and that was with a dealership discount. Half shafts are pretty durable so if its not broke why replace it?

#4 ·
My main problem is being in Alaska. No one has the rebuild kits. The average price is anywere between 20-30 for the kit plus shipping (Thats another thing that pisses me off I have to pay shipping because there out of stock). Everyone has the shaft assembly average for that is 65-80. So for 20-30 more I have a new assembly and can have it fixed by Monday and in time for the holiday weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.