DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyno Results Stoked.

4K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  catsltd 
#1 ·
Well I got my pre-BV head dyno done about a hour ago.

Pretty Stoked.
313.25 HP.
371.80 TQ.
Ill post up the dyno when I get home from work.

We had to do 2 runs to confirm my tq numbers were accurate.
2nd dyno tq numbers were 370.43 TQ,so numbers are legit.

Pretty Stoked to say the least.
The HP numbers are down because we kept hitting the speed limiter,I raised it with my Superchips but obviously not high enuff.
This was a proper 3rd gear pull,no spike to inflate numbers just a proper roll into the throttle at around 3700 RPM.in 3rdgear.

The dyno guy said tq numbers would have been higher if we could have started the dyno pull a bit lower.

Looking forward to a custom tune,and installing my BV heads.
Who knows where the numbers might end up.

Im so friggin Stoked,all my hard work piecing together my mods are starting to show some good results.

Special Thanks To Matt at Moes Performance for his Killer 87MM throttlebody.
And of coarse BB for a killer performance muffler.

See less See more
#9 ·
I think it depends if you are manually shifting or not.
Im pretty sure being a 2010 it is 3rd gear for 1x1.or 4th if your manually shifting which we were doing.

#3 ·
VERY NICE......great job

#6 ·
I posted up my ARH numbers in the ARH forum a long time ago.
These numbers are BB muffler and Moes throttlebody.

My old numbers are way way lower than these Matt.
I think my old tq numbers are 324 RWTQ,so you can imagine how excited I was to see these numbers.

The shop was really impressed with my numbers,they are very interested in the 87MM throttlebodies.

They just opened a 3million dollar shop.http://www.davenportmotorsports.com/.
The owner Steve is going to give you a call.
Anyway Ill go scan my dyno and get it posted.

#7 ·
Heres the Dyno.

Attachments

#8 ·
Hope this is better.

Attachments

#11 ·
HP is low for sure.

The 4g rams make power right to 5800 RPM.
The truck was hitting the speed limiter quite a bit before then,so Hp numbers would be higher by a bit.
The truck could use a custom tune,and it will get it,once I install my BV heads next week.
My truck is the quickest NA 4g truck in the 1/8 mile,I think it has more to do with the tq than my lack of HP.???

#17 · (Edited)
Your TQ numbers do look pretty damn good but I can tell you the 4gen rams are making HP up to 6000rpms and probably still can hold the hp a little past that (at least with similar set-ups like ours)....I'll post one of my dynos with rpms where I think the rpms peaked right at 6000.

I think your CAI is holding you back because you have the AEM CAI which is essentially the same as the Mopar CAI (the one I had). I swapped to the Vararam and moe's 87mm tb, my top end improved quite a bit. I'm sure it was the combination of both because I've seen some track slips with and without the vararam and it was a 2-3 tenth difference in the 1/4. It will be interesting to see how much the heads improve your numbers because that seems like a mod I might be doing. Like you I don't want to mess with my daily driving manners with an unproven cam but heads might just be one of the last things I do to her.

Edit: dyno posted....just ignore the spike/dip and continue with the line, all the dyno pulls I did last month did that for some reason.

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
Anythime you try and floor it below say 3500 RPM it will downshift into another gear and mess up all your numbers.
You need to have the truck floored otherwise the numbers mean nothing.

#16 ·
The performance scene in Alberta is huge.
Being the oil capitol of Canada,lots of people have a great deal of disposable income to spend on cars and trucks.
I wish I had some of it.LOL.

#18 ·
Thanks for posting up your dyno pulls.

Im glad to see our trucks are still making power up to 6000 RPM.

Next spring Ill do a 1/4 mile run without a CAI and see if it will make a difference.
Im going to do some serios track prep next spring.

BV heads usually extend the powerband quite a bit,so Im going to try and shift closer to 6500 RPM.If possible with Diablo???.
I would never had tried it,without the upgraded valetrain.

BV heads on my 2003 felt just like my Comp 260 cam,power everywhere,thats what Im hoping for with these heads.
If you look at my a/f it is pretty lean going up,which is fine for mileage but not for racing.
I datalogged for knock with my tuner but none showed up,so that was a big relief to me and the dyno guy.

A custom tune might get me close to 400 Tq,which would be pretty awesome for just bolt ons.
Ill have the BV heads installed this weekend no matter what.LOL.

The dyno guy pulled a new Raptor out of the dtyno to let me in.Stock numbers were 323 Hp and 343 Tq.Pretty Impressive.
Cheers.

#20 ·
I would like to see when mine stops making power on the dyno because it pulls very hard all the way to 6800. I shift as close to 6500 as I can without hitting the limiter, but it is climing so fast in 1st with the 26" tires that its hard to get it perfect. I can't believe the bottom ends can take the abuse we throw at them, I have done 20-30 passes at the track in a few hours shifting a 6500, and holding 2nd to 6800 on the limiter with the stock 20's. Your truck seems like it will respond very well to the heads, hope the install goes smooth. Maybe some day I will make it out to the track in your end if I ever drive out to visit my Father in Jasper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.