DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pics of 305/70/17 mts on offroad Ram

5K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  Davcruz 
#1 ·
I am trying to decide on what tire size to get on my 01 Offroad Ram and was wondering if anyone had any pics of a 305/70/17 mud terrain on the 17" off road rims.

I am currently looking either the 265/70/17 or 305/70/17 maxxis buckshot mudder.

#3 ·
Here are the 305/70-17 Maxxis Bighorn radials on my 2000 Off Road. No rubbing. Nice tires!

I will take better pics today. This is from yesterday.

#5 ·
LOL Davcruz! the way that photo was taken, it looks like you have a REALLY small camper.

#6 ·
35's look good on mine .....I was thinking about going to a thinner tire..

#7 ·
bazookaman said:
LOL Davcruz! the way that photo was taken, it looks like you have a REALLY small camper.
Yeah, I know. It is the HVAC mans truck sitting behind mine in my driveway. Little puny Ford F-150 4x4, can't even see it behind the mighty Dodge!! :thatfunny

#8 ·
Opposedodie said:
35's look good on mine .....I was thinking about going to a thinner tire..
I wanted 35's, but even with the 2" lift that came on mine they were too tight. The 305/70-17 works out to about 34".

I assume you have a lift to fit those tires.

#9 · (Edited)
Davcruz-

Thanks for the pics

What's the difference between the Maxxis Buckshots and the Maxxis Bighorns. Those Bighorns look good. Which one is better for off road? Which one gets better mileage?

Also, what did they cost you and where can you get them?

#10 ·
Whats the width of the 305/70-17 ? Are they also a 12.50 ?

#11 ·
Here are better pics of the Bighorns.

#12 ·
Opposedodie said:
Whats the width of the 305/70-17 ? Are they also a 12.50 ?
This is from Maxxis for the Bighorn

Tire Size LT305/70R17
Service Desc./
Ply Rating D/8PR
Sidewall OWL
Tread Depth (in.) 21/32
O.D. (in.) 34.0
S.W. (in.) 12.2
Rim Width (in.) 9.0
Max Load (lbs.) 3000/2755
Max. P.S.I. 50

They can be found HERE

#14 ·
rebelram01 said:
Davcruz-

Thanks for the pics

What's the difference between the Maxxis Buckshots and the Maxxis Bighorns. Those Bighorns look good. Which one is better for off road? Which one gets better mileage?

Also, what did they cost you and where can you get them?
The best I can tell they are quite similar to each other. However, the tread pattern is a bit different as are the side lugs. The Bighorns have a slightly deeper tread (16th" deeper) and they are 1/10th" taller, but they are 3/10ths" more narrow.

The Bighorns are fairly new and my guess is they will take the place of the Buckshot.

I found a local place that sold me the Bighorns and mounted/balanced for $715 total. The tires were $154 each I think. This is $100 less EACH than the Goodyear MTR's I priced out initially.

The cheapest I found the Buckshots for was $174 each from the same place, they said they are more because the Bighorns are new and they want folks to buy them.

#16 ·
Nice truck Davcruz , Have you ever thought about putting the Revtek 2" front spring spacers on your truck to level it out?

#17 ·
Opposedodie said:
Nice truck Davcruz , Have you ever thought about putting the Revtek 2" front spring spacers on your truck to level it out?
Thanks man, yours is not too shabby either. What lift are you running? I have been thinking about the spacers. However, mine is an Off Road, will they work and will I get the full 2" (I think I would since they are spacers and not coils). Would it sit level you think, or be a bit higher in front? Were do you get them?

#18 ·
What was the name of the place where you got them? They don't have them around here yet. And like they said nice truck.

#19 ·
rebelram01 said:
What was the name of the place where you got them? They don't have them around here yet. And like they said nice truck.
I got them from New Kent Tire and Auto in New Kent Co. VA. I saw the Buckshots on eBay from a place in AR for $158 I think. I will look.

#21 · (Edited)
3" skyjack all the way around , I had the spacers on before the lift and it worked great
you can fit 315 75R 16's with just the 2 " spacer on the front of the truck.

Heres a link to daystar products http://www.macsspring.com/website/catalogs/Daystar Catalog.pdf

Or try Revtech here

http://www.revtekindustries.com/

I like the Revtech myself.

Yes they will work with the off road package. you will get the full 2"
I allso added about 1/8 " using washers before putting the spacer up in the pocket , I put my truck on a really level parking lot and used a tape to get the hight I needed , anymore than that and you will have trouble with shocks , They say with the off road package you mite want to get a bigger shocks.

#23 ·
Those Maxxis tires look good. Nice to see they are producing more aftermarket mud tires for the 17" rim.

#24 ·
I think to save money and still get a mt I'm going to get the maxxis bighorns 265/70/17. I found them for $127 a tire on the internet. The only thing that sucks is shipping for four tires is $65.

#25 ·
I think you will like the Maxxis rebelram. Its hard finding decent rubber for this size wheel, so it is nice that they are available and cheap.

Here is an update on my 305/70-17 Bighorns. I have about 1000 miles on them now. All highway, have not had them off road yet. They show no wear at all. They are noisey though. Not as noisey as 38" GroundHawgs though.;) I think I do have just a slight rub on the drivers side when the wheel is at full left lock. Sometimes I hear it sometimes I don't. It is only when I am on pavement though.
So far I am quite pleased with the tires, they can't be beat for $154 each.

#26 ·
where did everyone order their Bighorns from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.