DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ground strap location and wiring issues

39K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  raven28690 
#1 ·
As mentioned in another post I just got this truck not long ago so still finding odds and ends that need attention.
One thats got me baffled is The interior lights, stereo, and power mirrors will not work unless the headlight switch is pulled out??? :help:
Just a quick look under the dash doesnt look like the previous owner hacked up the wiring any.

Also need to know where does the ground strap in the pic go too?
Noticed that the end of it is broke off

See less See more
#2 ·
it goes to the back of the head or to one of the valve cover bolts

#3 ·
thanks chode.
if anyone has a pic of where on the head or valve cover bolt that it hooks too I would appreciate it.

No one has any ideas about the situation with the radio, interior lights, and power mirrors only working when the headlight switch is pulled on?
Need to take the dash panel off anyway and take a look since the heater switch doesnt change the air flow from the vents to the floor or defroster but I dont have a garage and its been too cold to work on it so just trying to get some ideas at the moment.

#4 ·
well imo, the wireing issue is most likely caused by a wire in the radio harness, most likely if an aftermarket radio is installed, they probably used the wrong adapter, as for the heater issue, check to see if the vacumn hoses going into the firewall from, the engine compartment have cracked & not providing vacumn.

#5 ·
thx bikerlarry
yea it does have a aftermarket radio in it so I wouldnt even have thought to consider the harness as maybe the prob.
next warm day i will check over the vacuum hoses.

2 awesome bikes in your sig
newest Harley I have owned was a 06 nite train and I still dearly miss it.

#6 ·
thanx, love my harley's. bought my train new in nov 05. just do maintenance on her, she runs low 7s at 100 mph on the 1/8 mile track here. as for my shovel, its all number matching, .30 over piston's, runs strong as hell. let me know how ya make out with the wiring.

#7 ·
ps; raven, it doesnt matter where ya attach the ground strap, just hook it to the engine somewhere, as it may be contributing to your electrical issues. grounds are the most important, & most likely culprits when it comes to automotive electrical problems, imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.