DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

latest update on JBA Short pipes? ***UPDATE 9/25***

4K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  brad@JBAHEADERS 
#1 · (Edited)
What's the scoop on the JBA short tube headers? Anybody receiving shipping/tracking numbers on their orders from Jegs/Summit/AutoAnything yet?

I'm anxiously awaiting an update.

#2 ·
AutoAnything pulled the plug on my order placed June 29th after 3 delays and over two months of waiting...:mad:
Stated "we are no longer offering this product due to the vendor being unable to provide us with an estimated production or delivery date, sorry for your inconvenience".

in other words, dont hold your breath

I'll be waiting until Spring to decide now, may go with ARH LT's if no one has any other options by then.

#4 ·
i just went on the jba site and searched for them. nothing found. can't even select a 2010 or 2009 ram.

and under vehicles wanted they list 2009-11 ram 1500. hmm... makes me wonder if someone in the company screwed up and released stuff for sale before it was ready.

#5 ·
I'm so pissed at JBA for jerking me around
that I'm willing to spend 3x as much on ARH Long Tubes now.

Anyone interested in a ARH Group Buy?,

I could try and get Anthony from ARH on board
see how many units we need for a price reduction and set a goal for say next March?

a Full 6 months allows you to tuck away $50 a week, if we can get them down to $1300

That's right about the time the income tax refunds go out too ;)

Should I start a new thread, or is it better to wait until after Christmas?
I'm in no rush, our local track shuts down for the Winter Oct.10/11 and doesn't re-open until April.

#7 ·
i really wish i could but i'm on a spending freeze right now. had to get a new washer and dryer. and of course had to get the fancy ones. once those are paid off and son # 2 arrives in early january then i can start saving again.

lights from jeremy and headers are on my list.

#8 ·
Negative on the long tube headers for me. Can't shell out that kind of money on this. I've already got a magnaflow 18 inch and magnaflow y-pipe installed.

Plus, I don't have a tuner and don't want to fight any code issues.

I'll just bolt these in place once they're available and be rockin. :rck:

This deal is frustrating as I called JBA directly and asked them on the status of these things like 2 or 3 weeks ago and was told to go ahead and order from the big 3 online and they'd be out to me. Now they're not even available on the JBA website?!

#10 ·
GO HERE NOW!!!

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/61A2280A0A0A3122079.aspx

They have the Stainless Steel ones set to ship out this week!! Updated their web page with pictures of these!!!

They look goofy but heck man-I'll go with em anyway. I'm going to wait on the titanium coated though to help with any extra heat.

Somebody buy these babies and install em so we can get a review!!!! Hurry!!!:rck:

#11 ·
Kinda confusing....top picture shows long tubes then in the middle of the page shows shorty's...at same exact price! Am I missing something here? Either you can buy either header for same price or one picture is wrong>

#12 ·
That's why you can read ''JBA Cat4ward Exhaust Headers (style varies by model)'' under the picture.

#14 ·
So I guess these aren't out yet? I searched Summit & the JBA website and couldn't find them

#23 ·
They're out, a guy on ram forumz put a set of stainless one's on his 4th gen hemi. He got them from autoanything.

#15 ·
Just my 2 cents here. I wouln't put anything jba even close to anything i own. I had 2 sets of these headers in the past . I had a set of jbs shortys on my old dodge and had a set of their longtubes on my 2008 mustang and there nothing but junk. I couln't get the ones on the truck to stop leaking and the factory mid pipe didn't fit up to them at all, and the ones from my mustang are actually sitting on my garage floor right now with more dents in the them than a 500 pound womans ass and they still don't fit worth a dam. I speak from experience, I have put on bbk, flowtech,jba and ahr headers and YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Ahr are top of the line and worth the money. Do it once and do it right, get a quality brand(not jba) and do long tubes unless your going to do a turbo down the road then shortys are ok. sorry for the rant but shitty products make me mad:)

#17 ·
I'v had experince with JBA. They take forever to deliver headers but its a good product. Anyone bad mouthing them probably installed em wrong or is just on a ahr bandwagon.

I have more than just one vehicle and own trucks with different brands and the Jba's are just as good as the rest.

#18 ·
I'am actually on the no header bandwagon, the hp & tq gains especially with shorties are not worth the trade off of quality from the manifolds. So how much rwhp( not what jba tells you) are you expecting to gain here???? not much I bet.

#19 ·
Anyone that knows anything about headers shouldnt expect big hp and torque gains out of shortys. A little throttle responce, some mpg gain under a light foot, and the better sound is worth it over stock manifolds IMO. Longtubes are alot better and produce hp and torque gains but if long tubes are not availiable then shortys arent exactly a waste of money. Bashing a product because of the difference between to kinds makes you look like you dont know what you are talking about.

#24 ·
And if you just said that long tubes were not worth the $$ then thats just your opinion. Start a thread saying headers are a waste of money and see how many people agree.
I just stated my opnion about the jba product. I am not bashing jba because its a shorty, my opnion was based on the quality of the products I have seen. The point I was tring to get accross was to spend the money once and see a better return on your investment in the form hp and quality, and mabey save some people a few future problems. Hopefully the jbas fit great.

#20 ·
And if you just said that long tubes were not worth the $$ then thats just your opinion. Start a thread saying headers are a waste of money and see how many people agree.

#21 ·
With today's highly tested engines and computer management systems on everything, he's probably not to far from the truth. DT members have said they've gotten a bigger bump from replacing the POS crushed Y-pipe than headers more than few times. The only members that have claimed big gains are the members that drop alot of money replacing the whole exhaust system for true duels. But even than, they had to make a number of changes to get system just right.

:pnice:

#22 ·
Both are good mods IMO. I have an old school truck and a newer model truck, both with long tubes and the difference was very noticable. If you put headers and dont change the restrictive y pipe its seems almost the same as changing the y pipe and leaving stock headers. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.