DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

440 horse power question

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  S12 
#1 ·
I have a chance to get a self learning Holley avenger efi setup from a friend for cheap because he is selling his car it is on and i am trying to figure out if it will work on my 78 440. Holley says it requires at least 250 hp to work properly and my manual says my 78 has 195 hp . I have upgraded to this cam http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HRS-720021-11 and a performer RPM intake but i am unsure these have raised my enough or even at all lol.

What do you guys think ?

#2 ·
The stock configuration of the 440 is what made them have dismal HP ratings. Changing the cam, intake, carburetor, and exhaust should free up a lot of HP. Well over the 250hp your looking to beat to be able to put the Holley EFI on it.

#4 ·
Sorry for the lack of specifics I posted than when I half asleep after 16 hour shift lol . Yes it is a throttle body injection cheap is $600 the kit cost him $2000 a year ago. It is a discontinued model but i emailed Holley for info that is where i got the 250HP number from 900cfm 85lb/hr injectors it is the 550-402 from this booklet. http://www.jegs.com/InstallationInstructions/500/510/510-550-400.pdf

I put 600 or 700 miles a month on my truck so i thought efi may be a nice upgrade over my current summit racing 750 annular boost carb. Probably one of the things i need to upgrade on my truck is the exhaust its running stock manifolds into a 2.5 inch with a dynomax super turbo muffler. I was thinking i could probably Gain some efficiency by upgrading to headers and duals .

#5 ·
Also he has some 516 heads with hardened seats for sale for the friend price of $200 complete minus valves springs. Would these be better that my 452 heads sense they are closed chamber and smaller cc ?

My friends new wife is a stupid hippie chicks and he is getting rid of all his classic car stuff and getting a smart car :crying. But his testicular removal may be my gain lol .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.