DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starting and driving issue

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  key99 
#1 ·
Hello all, just bought an 03 Dodge Neon SE, on Friday as a car to run back and forth to work so I can let me diesel sit. I got this car off a guy ive known for a while it has 132k on the clock. He said it had a cam shaft positioning sensor bad on it, and I checked It with a code reader and it did have a code for that and multiple other things that related to that code, so on the way home it died on me once, then ran fine. Got home, put a new cam shaft positioning sensor in it, and no more codes, ran it around the block a few times and ran great. Today I went to start it and it didn't want to start, it was giving me a code for cam shaft positioning sensor, so I left it sit and went about my day, then came back home tried starting it again and it hesitated and did start and idle. I checked the codes again and this time the cam sensor was gone but I was getting one for the crank positioning sensor and also code P0315. Should I buy a new crank sensor and replace that next? Thanks!

#2 ·
Check the current draw at the connector first to ensure you have voltage, it should be around 5 volts but check the manual first, if the current is good yes change the crank sensor, not sure on the neon where it is located, could be a bitch of a job, try and google it.

#5 ·
#7 ·
I had a problem on my dodge with a code # 5 cylinder mis fire, and it was a dirty connector, and yes you can clean the connector male and female end use a sensor safe cleaner, or electrical cleaner will work to, if that does not fix the code you may have an intermittent problem electrical hopefully at the connector or in that circuit.

#9 ·
Starting about 3? months ago, Landyacht has been using and speaking very highly of a handful of Deoxit products for such tasks, I think he's onto something good (and we're all stuck with these electronic headaches for the foreseeable future, would be worth checking out his recent ish posts, and/or the products).

#11 ·
Mr. google helps

#13 ·
Sorry, DK Neon at all; I doubt it though (just a guess).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.