DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Head gasket blown

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Gregovich 
#1 ·
My 2001 4.7 just blew the driver side head gasket. I was pulling into my driveway when it let loose. The truck didn't have a chance to over heat, no smoke out the tailpipe, no rough running when I shut off the engine. I opened the hood to see a water stream blowing out near the front of the engine, near the battery.
I'd hate to junk it with only 117K miles. How much would you pay to have the work performed by a good shop, or would you save the money and buy something newer?
Anyone know a good shop in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area that can perform the work?
Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Not sure on the cost in Florida, I hope some dodge owners down there will help you ! I just did mine on my own parts about 350.00 Canadian, head gasket and new head bolts, coolant and oil and plugs, I suggest if you are going to change the left side change the right side at the same time. not that hard to do. just time and information on torques and timing chain secure measures. if you go to a shop it calls for about 10 hours work plus parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.